• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

in the darkness I'll be back for you; any
    Shiya
    When their eyes meet – orange to green – she stares and relives the fading memories they share. What of their child, she briefly muses, but she dismisses it because all of her children were seemingly cursed. Each one has been a defect that led her back into the arms of Vulgaris. Shiya doesn’t mention their son either, content to let that sliver of her past hide in the concubines of her mind.

Hello, he repeats, almost like a mockingbird. A pause thickens the air between them and she wonders if she is just a figment of a lost memory to him, simply a new face to see lurking in the trees. ”I’m well,” she lies, masking her turmoil behind a jagged smile. ”And you? How are you?” Recognition brings her voice to tremble, her heart’s desperation seducing her to melt into him as she once had years ago. That’s her solution for everything. To love, to tempt, to fuck.

She should know by now that it isn’t enough to fill the void, but still she tries.

Swallowing down the lump in her throat, Shiya manages to peel her gaze from his and look over the body that once lied across her back, overpowering, dominating. He should have strong, beautiful children, but instead she gave him a monster. He didn’t deserve it. The boy would’ve been a hindrance, a blemish.

Lifting her eyes, she searches and tries to sate herself with the memory of his warmth on her scales. She remembers that but tries to blot out the outcome of their rendezvous. ”It has been a while,” her tongue is a lead weight in her mouth as she scrambles for conversation while still trying to squelch her incessant need for contact. He won’t want it, not anymore. Still, she inches closer. ”Shiya,” she whispers her own name sweetly, hopefully. ”You look different,” a pause because she can’t quite grasp it, ”yet the same.” The scars of his past are gone and there is an innocence in his startlingly orange gaze, an expression she once adorned

For you, I'd give my last breath

Messages In This Thread
    RE: in the darkness I'll be back for you; any - by Shiya - 10-22-2018, 03:17 PM