• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Here’s to the lives that you’re gonna change - Chryseis, family
    -- I don't know where you're going
    but do you got room for one more troubled soul?

Going on a trip with her father was more than she could have asked for. Since the day she had met him, it had been relatively clear which parent she took after. She loved her mother, of course, and she had learned things from Briseis that the black mare had found prudent she knew — mainly because Briseis had lived an entirely different life than those in Beqanna. She taught Chryseis how to check the wind for scents; how to travel the creek beds to hide her own scent; to be leery of shadows and debris that may tumble from the tree limbs when a cat disturbs them. But Chryseis rarely put any of that to use. She was too bold and always moving too fast to pay much attention to what was around her, and besides, most of the predators here were actually horses. Adventures with her father were much more exciting.

She had never been to Nerine, but right away she found it beautiful. The sound of waves crashing against the steep cliff side could be heard in the distance, and the coastal grasses rippled like water. The blue roan filly pranced eagerly alongside her father, her metallic gold blaze shimmering in the sun. Between her black lips she carried two bright pink wildflowers that she had plucked along a mountain path just as they had departed Hyaline. She remembered the flower that Breckin had woven into her mane, and she couldn’t wait to return the favor. The other flower was of course for her grandmother, even though she had never met her.

She comes to a stop alongside her father, her glittering brown eyes flitting this way and that as she tries to take it all in. ”I bet there’s definitely kelpies in this part of the ocean, right dad?” her words are only slightly muffled because of the flowers in her teeth, her eyes squinting in the direction of the coastline. She didn’t know a lot about kelpies but if she was a kelpie, she would definitely live on the beach.

chryseis
    I don’t know where I’m going,
    but I don’t think I’m coming home

leilan x briseis

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Here’s to the lives that you’re gonna change - Chryseis, family - by Chryseis - 10-09-2018, 03:45 PM