• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the first breath after a coma [litotes]

It had been a few days since my arrival to Beqanna, and I was enjoying the solitude the lands offered. I had only so far seen the Forest nearest to where I currently stood, and I’d relished the brightly hued greens that folded underneath the vast expanse of blue skies. I felt as though the colors of foliage matched the green of my eyes, them having captured the life of greenery perfectly. 

But I had decided to travel further after joyously dancing with the birds and insects, following the sounds of rushing waters. It brought me onto a narrow path - one followed by many horses before me. My lithe body moved easily over the trampled grasses, dark hooves lightly tamping the foliage down just a touch more. My green orbs were wide with curious wonder, blinking only when the sunlight gleamed directly into them. The light grey pelt that hung on my musculature shimmered with the health of youth and ideal weather - pristine conditions for happiness to breed.

I dipped my dark muzzle into the cool river, the refreshing liquid moistening her somewhat dry palate. I drank heartily till I was content, revelling once more in the magical energy I felt here. I felt finally content, and as I once again came to realize this, a small grin painted itself across my now dripping lips. Green orbs closed for a few moments, as if to keep all the happiness radiating from my heart inside. I could not imagine not feeling the way I currently did. I felt as though I was euphoria itself.

After the few moments of intense self reflection, I picked my dark hooves up and moved them in the direction of what looked like a very large oak tree. It’s many branches reached out to me, inviting me underneath its protective cast - I moved obligingly. More sunlight cast itself down from the cloudless blue sky onto my grey skin, leaving me comfortably warm, though I would enjoy the company of the large oak tree and the shade it gave. Upon arriving to the trunk of the massive wood, I moved my muzzle close to it, to once again inhale the magic the tree surely was. And I was right.

Earthy, musty, sweet. It could not be more beautiful. Again, the smile that was soon becoming my signature graced itself, crinkling the outer corners of my eyes. I shut them once more, allowing all of the sounds and smells to create beautiful imagery within my head. 

I was content. 

N A K I R

and if you`re still breathing, you’re the lucky ones, cause most of us are heaving through corrupted lungs

@litotes