• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  in the dark, i can hear your heartbeat; any

I took the stars from our eyes and then I made a map
    and I knew that somehow I could find my way back

Her mother had made a promise to bring Auva to the playground once she was older. It was clear to Auva from her mother that she would be looked after regardless of her not being there by one of the fairies that looked after the goals within the playground. Regardless, Auva was happy to finally come to the day she could be on her own for the first time.

The journey from the meadow isn’t a long one considering the playground was right next door from where she lived. Despite how short the distance was between the playground and her home, it still made her feel excited. However, she was beginning to feel a bit anxious as unfamiliar butterflies filled her stomach.

Auva follows happily beside her midnight blue mother. Her legs occasionally kick out behind her when she finds that she is just too excited to finally get to meet others her age. How much excitement could she even handle? Her mother has an amused look on her face as they move into the playground. The wonder of the place draws Auva in. It really was just a place for foals!

The two eventually stop in the center of the playground. Her mother nudges her gently and says goodbye before turning away and heading back home. Auva knows she intends to return eventually.

Auva, a winged dark blue filly, turns to look around as she finds herself uncertain in her newfound freedom. She looks around the playground, finally taking in the very details of the place. There are plenty of other foals within the playground, but she feels a bit uncertain to just step outside of her comfort zone. The butterflies were still fluttering around in her stomach too.

Maybe she wouldn’t have to be the one to initiate a conversation. If anything, perhaps she just needed a moment to get a grip on her nerves and she would find someone to play with. She eventually would have to do something then just stand there.

– Auva –