• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

slowly did not speak another word, any
    She hears them when they approach but the only sign is a swivel of a single ear, mostly unconcerned with them. But then Tindalos speaks and she turns her head to watch him. In her youth, her eyes had been bright and full of wonder, eager to see what fate would bring to her doorstep next. Now they are dark and knowing, wise to the horrors and he triumphs of this world and the next. Pangea. Risen again. God-Made. None of it makes sense to her but she dismisses these things for the time being. Beqanna was always changing her face and Mordgeld found little interest in keeping up with its renovations.

Then Tithe speaks his name, along with more lands and names she doesn’t recognize. In truth, the only thing she ever tried to keep up with were her children. When she moves her jaw to speak, some trilobite looking thing falls from her lips and she looks down at it in mild surprise. It had been there so long she had forgotten it, she supposed. But the thing lies dead in the ground between her hooves now so she returns her gaze to the pair.

I am Mordgeld. I’ve slept since before your Taiga existed,” she explains with a shrug of her great shoulders. She doesn’t care to catch up on the history of things since then. Time marches on with or without her and she accepted that fact long ago. Her eyes watch the brief meeting of nose and neck, the tender teasing between the two and she tilts her head slightly. But then he says she has a gift and she laughs for the first time in a very long while, hard enough to expel some of the salt swishing in her lungs.

My only gifts in this life are my children. To be undying is as much a blessing as being born, I think.

Mordgeld resumes moving forward as she takes in the sights and sounds – rotting fish and greedy seagull cries as they soar overhead. Her gut tells her the couple will follow alongside her for a while as the lampreys had beneath the surface. She regards them with the same sort of indifference for now as they may prove to intrigue her a little later on. Speaking of, the parasite in her side finally releases and hits the ground with a wet smack of fish scales on rock. She doesn’t pause to mourn.

Do you two have any children?” she asks over her shoulder.

MordgelD
    i am the dragon breathing fire.
    beautiful man, i'm the lion.
    @[Tindalos - Tithe]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: slowly did not speak another word, any - by Mordgeld - 10-26-2018, 09:50 AM