• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  here we are in the heart of the darkness; any
    She knew the darkness all too well. It had always been her comfort, her safe place where she felt invisible — a black coat that blended endlessly with the shadows. The dark was where she felt like her nightmares couldn’t find her. There is that moment when you first drift off to sleep, like a blanket is slowly being pulled over your head, and all that exists is a great, vast, endless, nothing. That was when she felt the safest. Before the snarl of her demons began to creep their way in, and before she would awaken herself because she was trying to so hard to escape the nightmare that she had actually started running.

Her last nightmare had been the most peculiar of all. She remembers the disembodied voice as it echoed in her ears, telling her to don a disguise and find him — whoever had had been. She remembers the snowy white owl that had trailed her, but eventually she had woken up, somehow back in Hyaline. This was the first of her dreams that didn’t involve being chased into the ocean, which she found odd. She almost felt like it had maybe been real.

Her footfalls are light as she traverses the forest, slipping easily amongst the trees. She avoids every low hanging limb, ever mindful of making too much noise. Yer a wizard, Briseis. The tiny voice is just behind her ear, causing her to suddenly fling her head, sending a disgruntled ladybug flying. Wait, was it wearing a wizard hat? She blinks her long lashes, having come to a startled stop. She had never had anything delusional happen to her during the day, and so she shakes her head, certain that the lack of sleep — which really she should be used to — was finally getting to her. The warm sun seems to have awoken the bugs from some sort of slumber, for soon there are several clinging to the tangled strands of her mane. Yer a wizard, Briseis, they take turns saying, and this time she’s had enough. She launches forward, sending the wizard-hat-wearing nuisances flying.

She doesn’t realize as she careens around a corner that she almost glances against a dark colored stallion, and she startles sideways. ”Oh!” Her dark brown eyes are wide, and if it was at all possible her black cheeks would have been pink with embarrassment, because she knew exactly how ridiculous she looked. ”I-I’m sorry, I, um, I didn’t see you there. I was just, um...” running away from talking ladybugs? Immediately her lips close tightly, cautiously backing a step away from the stranger, her throat suddenly feeling dry and her tongue like sandpaper. She was already so awful at making conversation, and now she had done this.

briseis.
    you’re ripped at every edge but you’re a masterpiece

@[Ether]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: here we are in the heart of the darkness; any - by Briseis - 10-15-2018, 06:34 PM