• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Let me apologize to begin with... Lilitha
    Lilitha

I watch the city burn, these dreams like ashes float away...

Lilitha stared at his face, golden eyes taking in the sharp pain shining from his teal ones. “Safe? Life isn’t safe, Moment. I’m not gonna lose one of the few people who matters to me over something as ephemeral and fleeting as safety. Look at me, do I look like I care about another scar or two? Like I’m scared of a little burning? You’re my friend, Mo. We once said we’d be each other’s family, don’t you remember? I don’t know what that word means to you, but it means a hell of a lot to me. More than running away from a little pain.”

She shook her head as more stars fell around them, hurt flooding her features. Doesn’t it mean anything to you? Don’t I mean anything to you? But she couldn’t bear to ask, not when a no would break her fool heart. He was one of the most important people in the world to her, or he had been once. “Is that what you really want?” she asked, demanding more of him than the fear that let him push her away.

“If you honestly want me to leave, I will.” She wouldn’t push herself on him; she’d learned a long damn time ago there was no point in trying to make someone want her around, make someone love her the way family should. The way friends should. No one ever had, no one ever stayed. And she wasn’t about to throw more of her heart away on someone who wanted her gone. But some small part of her still held onto the hope that she meant more to him too. “But if you say it, you’d better mean it, Mo.”

...your voice I never heard, only silence.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Let me apologize to begin with... Lilitha - by Lilitha - 12-01-2018, 07:29 PM