• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Breathe beauty into the midnight air; ANY
    The tan woman drinks in the crisp autumn air, amber eyes shutting as she holds it in her burning lungs. It smells of maple leaves and smoke here. A pleasant mix that sends shockwaves of delight down her ashy spine. Opening her eyes once more the buckskin continues to walk down the leaf-littered path towards the field. She is unsure of this new land, but it calls to her quietly. Its voice is no more than a whisper in the back of her busy mind but it lures her out of the tree line and into the equine dotted grassland. The scene is painted in the warm oranges and golds of the autumn time and it brings a soft (but brief) smile to her parted muzzle. It's not nearly as quiet in the field as it had been in the forest. The air is no longer still, and her quiet musings are interrupted by children's laughter and the far-off calls of their mothers. Curiously the ebony tressed equine glides further into the openness of the scene. Her ears are rotated forward, carefully listening to the birdsong and conversation around her. It's beautiful here and Thyella can't help but pause once more to take in the sheer vastness of the land that stretched out all around her. The breeze brings in the salty tang of the ocean and the gentle caress of pine sap. It's a calming effect that leaves the stranger with a sense of peacefulness. A feeling she had left her old home to find. Long gone was the smell of burning and the echo of destruction. New life and promise had taken their places, and their voices called more loudly to the woman now. 

Beqanna promised things to her that made the buckskin lady wish to stay. 

(( OOC: I just felt like writing something to finally get her out there. Please excuse any mistakes!<3 ))

Kensa

Kensa comes down out of Hyaline for the first time since joining the ranks of the mountain kingdom because she wants to look upon the lowlands in autumn. Her Alpine home turned its leaves earlier that than the rest of Beqanna, the clusters of hardwoods bright in yellows, reds, and oranges. It was lovely to look upon but quickly growing colder. She ventures down to the low common lands in seek of the indian summer, hoping to bask in the lingering warmth. When the chestnut mustang arrives in the field she remains for a while, reflecting on memories of her own arrival in Beqanna. It had been late winter when she’d come, and everything had been suspended in the dirty grey of a winter waiting to end. Now it is far lovelier in this place for the herdless and newly arrived.

She turns to look back towards her home, not quite ready to return but knowing that she would enjoy the journey back. There is just something about going home. Drawing a deep breath she turns back towards the field and the chance to spend a little more time exploring it. Her topaz eyes sweep over the wide of grassy hillocks and land on a lone buckskin mare, her face marked with a wide blaze similar to Kensa’s own. That’s not what makes her approach however, instead she is drawn in by the other mare’s apparent pleasure in taking in the glory of the land. Perhaps she is a kindred spirit. The little mustang draws nearer and halts. “Beqanna is beautiful this time of year. Are you from a nearby kingdom?” She doesn’t think so, most horses don't openly admire the scenery unless they are new. Kensa does, but she never tires of looking at the wide world, or of making new friends. “I’m Kensa. From Hyaline.” She looks back towards to high mountains as she names her home, and returns her attention to the other mare with a smile.

i'm burning like a fire gone wild on saturday
    guess i won't be coming to church on sunday
    i'll be waiting for love to come around

I wanna give you wild love, the kind that never slows down
    I wanna take you high up let our hearts be the only sound

As it so often has, the field calls to Magnus today.

He can feel the hooks of it sinking into his belly, and he doesn’t bother to fight it. He loves his trips to the field, the routine to his daily life. He rises with the sun, patrols the border, checking on those who call the volcanic isle home. Sometimes, he stops to pass the time with Tephran family members, enjoying the idle time that is anything but—the conversations planting deep seeds of contentment within him. Other times, the land is relatively quiet and he leaves immediately after checking up on all of the corners of the land.

Regardless, eventually, he feels himself called to the field.

And he always answers.

The path from Tephra to the field is well-worn with the pattern of his hooves and he follows it easily, mindlessly, crushed gold body slipping out from the magma and the humidity to the field. It was, thankfully, a relatively quick trip, and the time passes quickly, the heat of Tephra bleeding away to be replaced by the cool breeze of autumn. When he reaches the border of the field, he lifts his heavy-jawed head up, scanning the area. It was busier today than usual, and the activity brought a smile to his face.

His attention, however, is caught by the mare of similar hue to himself.

He begins to walk toward her, smiling when he sees the other mare approaching. It was always such a pleasure to meet someone for the first time here and then meet them again when they returned to share their home with others. “Hello to you both,” his whiskey voice is quiet, strong, followed by a lopsided curve of lacerated lip. He pauses a few feet from them both, dipping his head in greeting. For a moment, he looks toward the first mare to approach, giving her a good-natured grin. “It’s a pleasure to see you again, Kensa. I hope that Hyaline has been treating you well.” He then turns his gold-flecked gaze back to the first mare, letting it rest there. “My name is Magnus. What brings you to the field today?”

I wanna go where the lights burn low and you're only mine

[Image: gqYjsHr.png]