• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

summer beach party ♥ all young horses WITH PRIZES

Kensa

There are a great many faces here that she will need to take the time to get to know, though at least one of them must be an outsider. She decides it’s simply impossible to make introductions among everyone and there are those who seem little inclined to socialize. She keeps her ears open for names where they are given, and offers smiles when one set of eyes or another settles on her. Ivy wanders off to be alone again, and Kensa half shrugs, sharing a look with Chryseis but deciding that she wants to stay among the group.

When Litotes joins her, the smile she has for him has a little extra wattage, his nip on her shoulder met with an amused snort, a swing of her head and a small, playful snap in his direction. “Hey Lie. “ She replies, cocking a hind hoof so that her hip lightly bumps against his own pale one just as his tail lashes against her hocks. She doesn’t let her eyes stray his way again, pretending there is nothing at all to the little nuances of their body language, no secret thrill living in her as a result of these subtle touches. Already she is thinking of sneaking out of the party for a minute and dragging Lie with her… just for a minute.

Then Rhaegor bolts, and the sudden flight startles the chestnut so that she tosses her head and turns a confused look around the fillies in their group, Concern is bright in her topaz eyes, she and Rhaegor have shared moments and secrets, and she could go after him, could sink her face against his warm buckskin neck and-- no. No, because the look on the roan fillies face is a mirror of her own in those seconds, her small voice calling after the colt who has just broken away from them...and Kensa realizes that she isn’t the only one who wants to reach out and calm the quiet prince of Hyaline. She isn’t the only one who sees him. And why would she be? Though this is the first time the thought occurs to her she chastises herself for it .

So the group turns back towards polite conversation. Kensa confirms that she is new to Hyaline, and asks the girl Chryseis how long she has been here...and on the conversations go until Warlight--Will--separates herself and calls their attention. Her partner is chosen with a flick of her own tail against his creamy hocks, a sly smile winding over her lips. He could of course reject her but she doesn’t think he will.  In the midst of all of this the strange stallion she’d found in the cave last spring appears, immediately wild to join the game. Kensa eyes him, still not sure about that particular stranger, but keeps her attention on the description of the game.

When Warlight releases them Kensa’s topaz eyes flick to Litotes matching ones. “Shall we?” She murmurs, and then chooses a direction to take them a little ways away from the others to talk about their plan of attack...and perhaps not talk. Kensa bounds away and then trots behind a large rock formation, splashing through some kelp strewn waters left behind by the last high tide. It’s there she stops and turns back, hopefully to find Lie there, where now momentarily alone, she can enjoy the thrill of sliding her lips along the line of his jaw before asking… “Which way should we go?”

i'm burning like a fire gone wild on saturday
    guess i won't be coming to church on sunday
    i'll be waiting for love to come around

@[Litotes]

live in the moment

There was something about her whole current situation, something unique. As the sky grew darker she felt more and more excited. Even the fact that she was extremely nervous was giving her a thrill. And flirting with Sviko only made things better. She was frightened, but that only drove her to do more, to take more risks. The colt was an eye catcher for sure, and now that she had a taste of what it’s like to get his attention, she wanted a little more. She wasn’t looking to go all the way or anything like that, she just liked how it felt to do something new, to get attention, especially from a handsome colt. 

His reply made her grin, silver eyes showing her excitement. But then another filly entered the group. Obviously she already knew Clayton and Will, greeting them and joking. She then introduced herself, to which she replied with a big smile. “I’m Eifa, from Ischia,” part of her wondered how the filly knew she wasn’t from Hyaline, but she supposed those from Hyaline would know who’s part of their own Kingdom and who isn’t. Assuming she’s also from Hyaline. Flapping her wings lightly, she parted her lips to add something else, but her eyes were drawn away when Sviko moved.

He nodded for her to come closer, making her heart thump and her lips turn into a bit of a playful grin. Looking back at Tähti, she dipped her head to excuse herself, “Sorry to leave so soon, but I’m needed elsewhere. Let’s talk later.” She winked, turned, then made her way over to Sviko.

Cool water splashed onto her legs as she stepped off the loose sands and into the shallow water. “So,” she suddenly said, stopping in front of Sviko. “What’s up? If you wanted to be alone with me, all you needed to do was ask.” She giggled a little, though she was slightly embarrassed by her flirting attempts. She wasn’t very good at it, was she? She wouldn’t blame Sviko if he made fun of her, or if she was misreading his signals and was only embarrassing herself even more.

If he had time to speak, it wasn’t very long, for Will made a sudden announcement. She looked over at the filly, ears raising as her eyes glistened at the sudden turn of events. 

When the announcement was finished, she looked back at Sviko, unable to contain herself from grinning even wider. “Well, well. Have any ideas for a partner?”

Eifa

@[Sviko] Sorry if I miss understood anything @~@ aaaand my post is kind of messy >.>
    Clayton
    Every Tape Has Two Sides
    She was just as excited to see him.

What a relief, she introduces him to her brother Rhaegor, he gives a small dip of his head. Claytons gaze flicked off as another equine approached...and another....and another. He had never seen so many equines! In fact he had no idea this many equines similar in age lived in Hyaline with them. He was never one for large crowds, it was overwhelming but all the better excuse to tuck close to Warlight.

A winged appaloosa that he had never met was the first to walk up to Will, Clayton and Rhaegor. Will was friendly as usual, she introduced Clayton, he didn't mind, in fact he found it attractive that she was so outgoing. It was easy to watch his horned friend, he could watch her have fun all day. He snaps back to reality when he catches the voice of the stranger, I'm Eifa she introduces herself. She gives a small dip of her head to Clayton and he responds with as mile and a dip of his own.

Clayton's eyes scan to the silent Rhaegor, numerous amount of equines had approached him since Eifa arrived. The conversation the group was having seemed interesting, and one that he did not have an intention on joining in on. His gaze catches perhaps the smallest equine on the beach this night, a small chuckle escaping his maw as she approached. It was there now close friend, Tahti, the equine that was older than Will and Clayton stuck in the body of a newborn foal glad you could make it , Will says, the first to converse. Though his smile quickly fades when she introduces her own joke I couldn't bear to stay away her eyes gazing at Clayton, finishing with an inquiry of his sister. He looked at her and playfully rolled his eyes Very funny Tahti, my sister is fine I suppose. His eyes quickly gaze to Warlight, scanning her scars left from the bear, a sharp ache stabbing at him.

He quickly shoves his emotions back in there hiding spot, there was so many conversations going on and he much preferred being in a small group. His eyes find Will's as she gazes at him, he smiles at her and a few breaths later she is breaking away from the group. He wants to follow, not only because he enjoys her the most, but he would do anything to break away from this group. But soon enough the chatter comes to a silence, and Will is the only one speaking. She introduces herself and announces she has a game planned for everyone, he gazes at her fondly. She announce that the game is worth playing, and to stay within a 10 minute walk. She says that once the prizes cannot be mistaken, once found the equine will know what they are. She announces that they can look in pairs, or alone, and that she will call them back when it has ended.

He stands for a moment and watches as a couple begin to head out....but if Warlight was staying here, he wanted to stay with her. Would she be mad if he didn't play her game? He was not sure, but it was easier to be beside her, if she forced him to play he only hoped that Tahti was still available as a partner. My treasure is already here he says in a hushed tone as he pulls himself beside Warlight. God...did he really just say that? His body tenses, he is filled with embarrassment, they were growing older now but he still can not believe he announced his feelings

OOC: lovey Clayton
    [Image: clayton_by_cowgirlconrad-dcmmo18.png]

Edit: hidden cave because I’m a dummy and I forgot !!

litotes

The casual chattiness collapses into chaos in an instant. Litotes is just beginning to blush at the feeling of Kensa’s reciprocated flirtation when Rhaegor blasts through the group. The rushing prince’s wing grazes Lie with enough force to knock him a bit, forcing him to readjust his footing in the precarious sand. The pale stallion widens his eyes in shock, then whips his head around to watch the boy sprint around. His eyes narrow suspiciously as the prince settles back around. A tiny ball of anger and injustice churns in the pit of his chest but quickly fades for Lie is not a creature of ill will. The two dark emotions fade into curiosity and mild infatuation.

Only when Will steps forth to garner the attention of the crowd does Lie tear his gaze away from Rhae. His eyes flick down to Kensa for just a second, the smallest of smiles creeping up at the reminder of his sweet (more than a) friend. The antlered princess announces a scavenger hunt - his heart skips a beat at the thought of being alone (even if just for a moment) with Kensa. The stallion feels her tail against him and immediately he knows he’s been chose. A grin widens across his face - he is delighted. His gaze is dragged away from Kensa when another arrives. Lie hopes the newcomer finds a partner, but his mind is already wandering to what might happen when the two are alone.

Lie follows his partner obediently, hooves dipping monotonously in and out of the sand. “What do you think we’ll find?” he murmurs, eying Kensa mischievously before nudging her nape. They curve around a large rock, splashing through the water without a thought of who or what is around them. The cremello comes to stop with Kensa, shuddering underneath the kisses she places along his jawline. He leans into her touch before burying his muzzle in her mane, inhaling her sweet and intoxicating scent.

“Let’s go this way,” he whispers, hoping to deter any others from following them. Truthfully, Lie has no idea where he is going when he begins walking. He assumes that Kensa is following and presses onward in a nervous silence. Before the silence grows unbearable, he spots a cave hidden in the sea cliffs. “Kensa!” he gasps in a low voice, “Look!” Lie breaks into a gallop, foaming waves of sea water crashing against his legs. He jumps into the mouth of the dark cave, pauses as his hooves clop against the erosion smooth rock. “What do you think, Kensa?” the stallion questions as he looks back at her. “Should we go in?”

Something warm and excited glows in his gaze - the feeling of experiencing a game so carefree with someone he really admires mixed with the sensuous ripplings of adulthood create a drunken sensation. All Lie wants is to draw close to her

i don't want your pity, i just want somebody near me
    guess i'm a coward, i just want to feel all right

@[Kensa] ahhhhhhh!!!! i feel like this is jumpy and repetitive sorry i still love my baby kens
    Tähti is exploring the little meadow on top of the cliff in this post and maybe Clayton comes too.

Tähti
    we are stars wrapped in skin

For a moment, everybody is rearranging and moving at once, and she hardly has time to grin mischievously to Clayton, as well as say goodbye to Eifa. "Good luck!"

It's only a short walk, Will had said, and though Clay doesn't seem so very willing to play, she dribbles up to him to tug his mane. "Come on, Will's gotta judge, but I bet she'd be so impressed if you come back with a prize!" She winks at him, and trots away towards the path upwards. Wings flapping for extra upwards speed, she makes it in no time, and only when she reaches the top, looks back to see if Clay has actually followed, or stayed behind.

the light you are searching
    has always been within
    ©Vanilla Custard

@[Clayton] idk how far to go with this since we can't tell if anything is up there xD if you want to explore something else too, just call her back?
    OOC: winding trail off the beach to the meadow

Knaught sighs softly, seeing everyone take off. He shakes his head, assuming no one wants to be with him. He takes off in a light bouncy canter off the beach, excited yet curious what he will find. He canters through the forest, around the beach and finds a trail. He stops to look behind him to see if anyone is following him.

He takes off at a trot again, going into his springy canter again and sees the meadow. He’s never seen anything so beautiful. “Woah...” he gasps in awe. He slows to a walk to take in all the beauty. “I wonder what Kensa is hiding...” he mumbles softly as he goes back to a trot, not wanting anyone to catch up to him.
    Clayton
    Every Story Has Two Sides

Warlight doesn't get a chance to respond, and perhaps it was for the better! His head turns as another tugs at his mane, his eye settle on the young foal version of Tahti. The view was still funny and it took everything within him to not burst out laughing, but he settled with a grin from ear to ear. Come on, Wills gotta judge, but I bet she'd be impressed if you come back with a prize. He hated that she was right, he wanted to stay right here with Will but perhaps it would be better if he participated in the game that she worked so hard to set up for everyone.

He nods his head to Tahti and looks to Will with a smile before moving away from her and quickly catching up to the ebony filly who was looking to see if he was joining her. Come on, lets go check out the cavern! He was glad that out of all the equines he was able to partner up with Tahti, it could have been nice to make a new friend....but he also preferred the ones he already had.

He presses forward in a trot, he hopes he can find the prize, not only to get back to Will but to see her face with the prize in hand. He turns to look for Tahti behind him and laughs as his eyes drop down to the short filly sorry, still not used to the new...you he pokes at her jokingly.

They made it to the cavern, it was not a long trek, he quickly scavenges the area. Do you see anything? What exactly are we looking for? He wonders aloud, his eyes pop open wide as he see a mound of sand that looks out of place. He hurries over to it and extends his leg to shift the sand, but it was nothing. He huffs with disappointment and turns back around to see if Tahti had found anything.

@[Vanilla Custard]
    [Image: clayton_by_cowgirlconrad-dcmmo18.png]

Clayton had lead her here.  Willingly she followed to see this thing called a lake.  She had never heard of such things, that she remembered, and curiosity flowed through the neurons in her brain.  But when they drew near and she could see all the others that gathered, she sprung from the trail and into a pile of brush.  Wide eyes watched as the young horses carried on.  Their playful antics looked threatening and some even had large daggers atop their heads.  She supposed Clayton had similar things -horns that's what he called them- and he didn't harm her but these were strangers.  

Her body trembles slightly as she watches them, hoping they would not find her and when the opportunity presented itself she would flee.  Maybe it was best she be alone, no one could make fun of her then... 

Kreed

You can ignore her or go torment her.  Either way I just wanted to add her here as the other timeline ended with her following Clayton to the lake. Smile
    Hi all! I think we are going to wrap up this thread, as everyone is hustling to get their characters established and enjoying the new version update! THANK YOU ALL for your participation! It was so much fun and this picturesque party is the perfect backstory to contrast all this Plague drama <333

As for our winners...

Thati, Knaught, Lie & Kensa, Congratulations! 
    Along with these IC prizes, (feel free to use them in your backstories/subtext!) These winners will also get a pencil sketch of their characters! I will draw them up in the next week or so and post all of them together in one of the OOC boards Smile

Hidden cave - Large sky-blue feather - the finder can claim a romantic walk on the beach with ANY party-goer (and keep or give away feather for their mane)

The south side of the beach key-hole rock formation - mango, eat it all or share with a friend

Follow a winding trail into the meadow above the beach - Flower crown for you or your lady love

thanks for the memories ♥ 

-Will
    [Image: Warlightpageddoll1.png]