• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

all this couldn't satisfy my soul. adna, ilma, any.
    Vulgaris
    On the days when he paces along the borders of Loess, he misses seeing his daughter’s face smiling up at him. He loves Leliana, of course, and he misses her as well whenever she’s not at his side. But Adna is essentially his first child and he wants to pull the moon from the stars just to give it to her. Yet he is only a serpent and so he makes do with what he’s got. Today that means showing her the rest of the world while she’s safe under his protective watch.

He smiles warmly when she sounds out the word Hyaline and he brushes the fluff that would someday be her forelock from her face. “That’s right. There are a lot of horses there, but we’re not going to fight today. We’re going to use our words and meet new acquaintances instead,” he explains with a soft laugh. Vulgaris watches her when she leans into his shoulder for comfort and gives thanks for having him in her life. Of course, he doesn’t actually believe that he’s worth anything as a father, but he doesn’t tell her that.

Thanks for being my Adna.

He lifts his head when Ilma arrives to greet them and offers her a polite nod of his head. His friend introduces herself and pays the small girl a compliment or two. His green eyes watch her, observing the microexpressions of her face with wonder and adoration. In the recesses of his mind, he thinks of how he doesn’t deserve a child like her, as perfect and kind as her mother. She inherited only his strengths and he is eternally grateful for that.

Say thank you and tell Ilma what you like about her,” he whispers softly into his daughter’s ear. Although he lacks the etiquette and caring disposition most diplomats have, he recognizes the similarities between them. He hopes with a nudge in the right direction, Adna will learn to be eloquent and strong – the perfect blend of her parents.

He lifts his head to look at Ilma and he can’t help the jagged smile across his face. The tiny girl is his pride and joy, after all.

Hello Ilma. I hope you’ve been well. I think Adna would love to learn all about Hyaline, if you wouldn’t mind giving us a tour.
    " ancient language, speak through fingers. the awful edges where you end and i begin. "
    @[adna] @[Ilma] @[Kagerus]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: all this couldn't satisfy my soul. adna, ilma, any. - by vulgaris - 10-24-2018, 09:45 AM