• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[Scorch/Any] The Bones of the Great Leviathan
    There are no words she can say as for the briefest second, for the shortest moment: nothing immediate because in that passing instance she looks to the dark crevices and caves in the cliffside and she sees a bizarre remnant of something, of herself. Fragile and frozen it traverses into the darkness after a shadow and then… absence: emptiness. Time unpauses and she chokes back the shock of it, of the looping memory given form. Sarkis feels her stomach knotting, feels it drop and the sensation of panic rising in her mind; but even then she can hear Leilan and Scorch… feel the dried and flesh body and all its warmth.

Hazel-green and brilliant with flecks of gold, her eyes level on Leilan as she’d previously looked away and for a moment she sees a distortion of her brother. Younger, smaller, more fragile but not without strength… the last recollections she has of him and there is a sudden emptiness in her eyes, a reality that her mind endears as she looks down and stares at the lacking gray and young muscle- at the shape that has been unaffected by years and by nature. “You were smaller.” she comments, states with no malice nor mean of offense: it is simply observation. “Younger, I-” and when she cuts off its because Sarkis furrows her brow and considers Scorch’s remark about how long it’s been.

Panic: when? When is she? Why now?

“The end? Twenty five years... “ her head turns and she listens to Scorch- truly listens and thinks, her lips parting as confusion and conflict spiral into her mind and she recalls the black darkness and all the silence. Father, Mother, Brothers, and Sisters- their children, lives passed on and continued whereas for the moment she feels frozen: trapped and unable to reason out why or when. The touch does not anger nor rouse rage in her, but, she steps away from both Scorch and Leilan- stepping back until she can breathe and her trembling begins. With her eyes closed, Sarkis tries to focus, tries to think and to consider the strained energies being spent all in her state of wild fear and sorrow.

When she speaks it is unintentionally loud, shouting and hurt: less anger but there is some there and the truth is… it was not meant for either of them. “I’ve been frozen for twenty five years?! I’ve been trapped in that place- without anyone?! Future?! What am I going to do with it, I don’t have all of my past and here you are with your life all in order, continued. I don’t know what to do now- I can’t even fathom to think of what I’m going to do in the next second.” biting and harsh it’s a maddened state of mind that takes over and for a second she scratches her hoof in the sand, feels the same ache and pain… the scent of blood and sea in her nostrils.

“I’m sorry.” she chokes, her eyes open and tears slowly dripping along the curves of her face: welling so deeply that for the briefest period there is a sob in her breath. “I’m so sorry.” Sarkis shakes, and there in the anger and sorrow, the rage at herself- she just looks to where Scorch has gestured, to the forest beyond the sand. PArt of her longs for it, a part she cannot remember: for the mist and the trees, for the humidity and the feeling of vines tangled and wrapped around the drooping branches. She recalls the primordial scent of loamy earth and it calms her; but more so the strange fondness of someone… something, a ghost of a memory she no longer has.

“Please.” she tries to speak but there is only silence after, only tired steps that walk her forward towards both Leilan and Scorch- back to the space where she had been… and in the corner of her eyes the illusion continues to play, Sarkis seeing the chronological ghosts of herself passing into the cave. “Please get me away from here.” she murmurs.

@[Scorch] & @[Leilan]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: [Scorch/Any] The Bones of the Great Leviathan - by Sarkis - 10-25-2018, 03:03 PM