• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[Scorch/Any] The Bones of the Great Leviathan

Leilan
    a dragon who couldn't be hurt on the outside
    could have so many ragged holes inside
    He is a lot of things these days that he wasn’t back then. Older, for one. Wiser, hardly, but perhaps a little. Scaled, pointy-toothed and accustumed to a larger vision range, since not too long ago. Immortal. A father to those who accept him to be. A lover and a fighter, though sometimes the two get mixed up.

And Sarkis has changed too. Not outwardly like he had - but she’s scarred now, and he forgot about that a moment. But when she realizes that he has changed, grown up, possibly older than she, she breaks. Scorch is still the same, at least.

A worried glance gets exchanged with his mother, but then his attention is with the bay roan girl once again because she starts to rant and cry and whatnot. ”Hold it there, sis,” he says, and putting the money where the mouth is, moves his well-trained neck muscle around hers to hold her still. ”Steady now. We’re not going to let you slip back.” Only then does he release her, and steps sideways and then waits for her to move away from this beach, ready to follow her wherever she wants to go -away she says- and adds another comment. ”I’ll have you know I’ve not lived twenty-five years myself yet, and neither did our mother go with the normal time flow. You’re not alone.”

But he’s had it relatively easy, he knows. Living a wild teenage life outside of Beqanna and finding friends and a love here (though to say it has been all without trouble here is also a lie), creating a family (albeit a too large one to be frank), having a kingdom or two to pledge his fighting muscle to, some kind of purpose - Sarkis has none of that yet, but he knows that she will. All in due time. As long as she doesn’t go panicking through all of it.
    HTML by Vanilla Custard, picture by x-celebri-x on deviantart

@[Sarkis] @[Scorch]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: [Scorch/Any] The Bones of the Great Leviathan - by Leilan - 10-26-2018, 03:42 AM