• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Baby gonna take the charge and take the fall for me, Caw.
    there’s no part of scripture that ever prepared you for his hands - hands that map
    a communion in the cradle of your hips. hands that kiss hymns up your sides.
    The sun creeps over the horizon as autumn frost clings tight to the leaves and grasses around her sleeping head. It’s unclear what she dreams but a faint smile rests across her pale face until she feels something stir. Her bright hazel eyes snap open and she rolls onto her hooves. Then, she freezes and waits, silent as she takes in her surroundings. Everything is as it was when she fell asleep. Right? But then her stomach flutters again and she rises in a panic. Something is different. Everything is wrong.

Caw..” She mumbles and her voice is just breaths above a whisper as she looks for her lover. Already her eyes are welling up with tears and her lower lip trembles. “Caw, I’m scared.

Little scars punctuate her torso, testaments to their coupling throughout the year. It never occurs to Virgo that fate had heard her prayers when she made her pilgrimage to the mountain. The twins within her womb continue to stir and fight for space, grazing their mother’s ribs with the softest kicks of developing little hooves. Their soft exoskeletons help them huddle close together in a delicate embrace.

Virgo presses her side to Caw’s just as their unborn children give another frustrated kick at one another. She buries her face in the other’s shoulder and clings to her for comfort. Her pristine white coat turns to the gray it truly is but the love bites all remain in place. The morning light bleeds through the limbs overhead and paints them each a rich gold while their breath puffs in front of their lips. The cold has never bothered her but now she’s shivering violently while she tries to make sense of it all.

What’s happening to me?” she asks as she looks up at her. It had been so long since she felt Pantheon stretching and kicking within her that she has forgotten how it felt. She used to lay awake for hours and marveled at the sensation, knowing that precious life dwelled inside her. But those days were gone. She had resigned herself to the idea of never being a mother again. Slowly, the realization dawns on her and the tears finally spill down her cheeks. The corners of her lips tremble into a stuttering smile.

A new day has begun for her, she thinks as she finally lifts her head to stare into Caw’s eyes.

I.. I think I’m pregnant. I think we’re going to have a baby.

The past few months had been violent and she’d let Caw tear into her skin. They’d painted the forests red with her blood and she’d basked in the attention. But now she is gentle, just barely grazing the shifter’s cheek with her lips as a laugh bubbles from her. She doesn’t know that two tiny lives are growing in her belly but she’s overjoyed as it is for now. Virgo curls her head beneath her lover’s chin as her coat begins to turn a faint golden color. At last, she has found her happiness.
    Virgo
    he confesses how long he’s looked for a place to worship
    and, oh, you put him on his knees.
    @[Caw]