• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Request for the King - Wolfbane

Diarmuit

This time he traveled by foot, instead of relying on his wings to carry him all the way to Loess. He usually only flew when he was in a hurry, but now he had no reason for rushing. He took his time, enjoying the scenery from a more level view along the way. And why was he in Loess? Simple. He wanted to explore. Since coming to Beqanna he hadn’t had any chance to really get to know the lands. He only rushed around, surveying the land only in search of his friend. But now that he had found her, he could go wherever and take as much time as he needed.

Loess was the Kingdom that had caught his attention first. It wasn’t their ways of doing things, nor their life style that had him come to visit Loess first. It was something else entirely. You see, even though Reva was visiting other Kingdoms at the moment, she had already been to Loess and decided she liked it the best thus far. He could understand why. She would fit in perfectly with the tough Kingdom if she ever decided to deal with the ranks and being under a leader. And even though he thought he was better off staying the lone wolf, he was seriously considering joining Loess if he was accepted. Now that he knew what his dear friend was interested in, he was becoming ambitious. 

He walked within the Kingdom borders calmly with slow, relaxed steps. For a moment he opened his wings and stretched them out at his sides; not using them for so long caused uncomfortable cramps, so he’d stretch them every once in a while. As he looked ahead, bringing his wings back in, he searched for any of the Loess members. Silently he wondered how they would treat him, but decided to worry about that when the time comes. That is if he ever managed to come across anyone. 

But it wasn’t just anyone he wanted to see. It was the leader, the King of Loess, he desired to speak with. Unlike Reva, Diarmuit didn’t mind being told what to do or be placed within a specific rank. He usually didn’t enjoy getting involved with anything political, but this was necessary. Even if his wish is never realized, he figured it would at least be worth a try.

A certain darkness is needed to see the stars

©Vanilla

@[Wolfbane] Sorry if it’s all over the place @~@
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    I had woken up nauseous this morning.

Not the best start to a crisp fall day, but such is the hand dealt to me by Fate. I had given up fighting it, and instead battle against another wave of sickness. I am grateful for the still-thick brush around me, which shields me from prying eyes. Not that there are any, I remind myself. I am ever grateful for this, for the absence of any strangers. The same has not been the case in my most recent home.

When I am feeling better and have rinsed my mouth with salty water from a cool spring, I begin to move back toward the border of the realm. It is where I had been heading in the first place, having risen just at dawn to complete a round of the perimeter. The habit has become a familiar one. I enjoy the time keeping guard and walking the paths that I had grown up on. Like my childhood, there are rarely any visitors.

Today though, seems destined to be different. At least a visitor is a better sort of surprise than morning sickness!

I stride around the bend in the trail that separates us, my wings held just slightly away from my sides. To accommodate my pregnant belly, perhaps, or to make my petite frame look even minutely more intimidating. There is little chance of that, I know, and it is confirmed by the sight of a larger stallion, equipped with self-colored black wings. The wind is against me and so I cannot catch the scent of him. I pause a comfortable distance from him, my head tilted and with a gentle smile on my navy blue mouth.

“Hello. Welcome to Loess. Can I help you?”

The long fall of my navy and white mane covers the worst of my scars, and I know that I appear to be small and unassuming. There is a brightness to my blue-grey gaze though, and an ever-ready alertness in the tension of my muscles. I am prepared, though for what I am never certain. Relaxation has not come easy to me of late.
    Silver eyes watched the land, admiring its beauty all the while searching for another horse. Eventually he managed to see a few here and there, but none of them seemed to pay him any attention. So, instead of bothering them, he continued to look, hoping to find the King of Loess, or at least someone with the authority to allow someone entry to the Kingdom. And it seemed it was the latter once an expecting mare came to him with a greeting. Her smile was soft and welcoming, causing her to earn one of equal friendliness from the monochrome stallion.

Dipping his head respectfully, he spoke firmly, “I’ve come with the interest of joining your Kingdom. I was hoping to speak with someone that has the authority to grant me entry should I be accepted.” His ears stood high with his chest puffed out a little, the posture of someone strong and confident. But his eyes lacked no respect, lacked no kindness and understanding should he be denied his request.

Silently he wondered if joining Loess would really work. Knowing his dear friend, he highly doubted it. She was stubborn as heck and seemed so blind sometimes, unable to see his intentions, his feelings and desires. But he supposed that was mostly his fault. He was just that good at hiding his secrets and emotions. Surely she’d find this behavior of his odd, but she’d never figure out why. Inwardly he sighed hopelessly, and decided to just wait and see what would happen.

@[Lepis] Sorry this took so long...and my HTML won’t work for some reason :/
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic