• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

good shouldn’t need to tempt us above; jude

I wanna give you wild love, the kind that never slows down
    I wanna take you high up let our hearts be the only sound

He doesn’t deny the warmth that spreads in his belly when she says that she will visit Tephra. 

His gold-flecked eyes burn a little brighter, a little darker, and although he wants to step back and guide her there immediately, he remains patient. He turns his gaze from her, the lopsided grin warming his features to turn to the dragon stallion, ears perked forward to listen. Although he is surprised that the stallion turns and leaves so abruptly without offering a tour of his home, he just nods. “It’s been a pleasure meeting you, as well, Leilan.” His whiskey voice is low, holding the others gaze with the same strong grasp of a steady handshake. “I hope that our paths will cross again soon.”

But then the other is leaving, disappearing along the horizon, and his attention turns back to the mare. Taking a step back, his expression turns slightly boyish, the excitement at getting to show Tephra clear. 

“Shall we, Jude?” 

The walk back is relatively quick, thanks to the short distance between the field and Tephra, but Magnus fills it all the same. He asks questions, answers her own, and fills the rest of the silences with banter, the conversation easy. It is easy to be with her, her honeyed voice light and beautiful, and he finds that he grins a little wider as they reach the border. He is careful to provide support as they cross the wider of the streams, the saltwater rising up their legs, and he guides her further into the heart of Tephra.

When they are slightly further in, the air turning heavier, he stops, taking a deep breath.

His eyes close for a second as the sulfur hits him, the sharp scent a homecoming for him.

When he opens them again, he slants his heavy-jawed head back her way. 

“Welcome to Tephra.”

I wanna go where the lights burn low and you're only mine

@[peregrine jude]
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]
    peregrine jude
    i glow pink in the night in my room

Leilan can tell that Jude and Magnus are hitting it off. It is mildly obvious how quickly the pink girl takes the whiskey-voiced stallion (dare one say, she is intoxicated). She offers the dragon-man a reserved smile and murmurs a sweet goodbye, watching him with still-fascinated eyes as he makes a quick retreat. Her head cocks, and for a moment she hopes she will run into him again, for he seems to possess levels that she nor Magnus will begin to understand in their brief meeting.

The sun brightens Magnus’ eyes when Jude turns to him again. His expression is excited, youthful, and she feels her stomach twist into anxious knots at the thought of visiting his land. She senses that she will not be disappointed - how could she possibly be let down when so much genuine love pours from Magnus’ gaze. Jude can only expect she will feel the same for Tephra - her handsome companion practically forces his emotions into her heart with his irresistible thrill.

When he asks, there is no need for a response. Jude merely smiles, mirroring Magnus’ own emotions. She falls into rhythmic step with him, heading to the volcanic kingdom that will steal her heart.

---

Tephra clearly was not far, based off of how quickly they arrived. Their trip was made even shorter by how easily the two got along. Yes, initially Jude was rather charmed by Magnus’ hidden layers and kind eyes, but she is surprised by how genuinely she took to him. She was pleased to get to know him along the way, delighted to joke and poke fun when they were not asking questions of each other. Their time together was refreshing for Jude found herself not putting on the flashy act she has accepted as her whole personality - he brought out the parts of her that care.

When they travel further into Tephra, Magnus stops, seemingly relishing in the beauty of his home. Jude watches him with droopy lids, a relaxed smile spreading across her mouth. She breathes in as well, welcoming the hot air that spreads goosebumps across her body. Sulfur coats her nostrils, a new smell, not unpleasant . . . but quite different. Magnus brings his gaze to Jude’s -

Welcome to Tephra.

Immediately, she knows. She will rest here, get to know the land in its entirety. She did not visit all of the lands, but the heat and beauty takes her in a comforting hug unlike anything she has ever felt. Jude nearly drops and rolls her body in the dirt, wanting to cover herself in the land’s unmatched prowess. She feels a kinship, almost as if the heart of the land shares her exact heart (fiery, unique, entirely uncontained).

Jude, her eyes now not filled with complete wonderment, flicks her gaze back to Magnus. She slowly approaches him, almost hypnotized, and presses her forehead to his neck in a silent and sincere thank you.

“I love it, Magnus. It is . . . wild - so beautiful; I feel as if it challenges me,” she murmurs, her voice uncharacteristically humble. She peers up at him, “Show me more. I want to learn all about Tephra.”

i've been blossoming alone over you

@[magnus]

I wanna give you wild love, the kind that never slows down
    I wanna take you high up let our hearts be the only sound

This is the part he loves the best.

This moment, the split second of it, where he can watch the land become a home in their eyes. It never fails to strike a chord within him, never fails to light him up from the inside out, his bones practically glowing with the pleasure of helping someone find their purpose and end destination. It does nothing to tamper his mood, his happiness now rolling out of him in waves, his gold-flecked eyes burning with it as he watches her, the way she steps forward into the land and it in turn folds around her, embracing her.

When she comes back to his side, forehead pressed into his neck, he curves around her, holding her there and enjoying the warmth that blooms in his chest. “You look like you’ve lived here your whole life,” he murmurs, whiskey voice husky. “As natural as one of the flowers that blossoms within the ash.” These are the flowers he loves best, the way the volcanic soil nurtures them forward, turning them vibrant and rare.

His grin does not abide as she steps away and he wants to grab her by the hand and pull her forward, but instead he takes a jumping step forward, muscles alive. “Feel like a run, Jude?” His crooked smile turns just a little mischievous and he snakes his neck out to bump her slightly, the velvet of his nose making contact before he pushes off, twisting his body to the side. “Tephra’s a beautiful home, but it’s even more beautiful when you see it quickly.” And then he’s off, his golden body catapulting forward into the isle, where the shadows drape long over his broad back and his stride begins to eat up the earth.

I wanna go where the lights burn low and you're only mine

[Image: gqYjsHr.png]
    peregrine jude
    i glow pink in the night in my room

Warmth spread through Jude as Magnus returns her affection. His words ring true: the pegasus mare feels as if she bloomed here, as if she is a tropical flower glistening in the land’s florid scenery.

Magnus offers a run, lurching forward and bumping Jude teasingly. She grins right back at him, excited that she is connecting with a more natural version of herself. And that is the truth: Tephra’s fiery bones touch a part of her that she forgot existed. Genuine comfort and energy flow through her veins; for once she is content simply as she is. No thought of control, manipulation, or protection passes through her mind. Finding someone who isn’t immediately trying to get something from her combined with the pulsating land completely relaxes her. She wants to cry; instead, she launches after her now-galloping companion.

The chase is long and exhilarating - with her wings tucked tightly to her sides and her lithe body so small, she is practically a bullet. An idea strikes her - without a thought, she executes it: wings unfurling and flapping fiercely to rise above and over Magnus. She laughs a fierce and guttural laugh, releasing herself to the waves of ecstacy and adrenaline. Seconds after she passes Magnus, she tucks her wings in to land. At the last second, she releases them just enough to make a landing that won’t break her legs. Not a second lost, she jumps back into a gallop. With a mischievous and glistening look behind her, Jude calls, “Catch me if you can!”

i've been blossoming alone over you

@[magnus]