• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

could i use you as a makeshift gauge - any
    I V A R
    promising everything i do not mean
    The kelpie follows her line of logic, but it leaves him battered. For all his childhood lessons, the dark haired creature is not especially given to intellectual pursuits. He doesn’t have to be intelligent, after all: he needs only be strong.

(There is a reason he had not ruled an especially successful kingdom, unless it is measured by an uncouth metric)

Though he had paused a distance from her, the piebald kelpie cannot help but inch forward at the sputter of water and the way it glitters on her lips until she steps into shadows. He wants to find it, to see if he might know her part of the oceans, but the more she tells him, the less certain it is a part he might ever want to find. For all his boldness, Ivar has never lacked a sense of self-preservation. Some things, no matter how tempting, will have sour ends. A face flashes before his eyes, soft and unbroken, but he blinks it away until there is just the wraith and the shadows.

Her skin is cold and Ivar makes no effort to hide the way he presses back against her bony shoulder. To keep himself safe he does not take more than offered, but he is equally diligent to ensure that he does not miss a single touch she allows him. The brightness in her eyes as she looks out at the waves brings him inching closer again; it is only the timing of their breathing that keeps his side from pressing against hers. Even this close she is cold, and there is enough understated malevolence in her not-an-invitation to keep him wary.

Not prey, he understands, but also something different, something he wants to keep the same way he’d kept the little brown moth and the angel girl.

The soft show of her teeth is of interest to the stallion, even if the kelpie has abandoned the idea of a true hunt. The piebald has never made any attempt at obscuring his frequent lothario-esque tendencies. So he smiles back when she threatens to repay him bite-for-bite.

“Do you promise?” He asks with a tilt of his handsome head. He reaches forward slowly, having decided that a mistake with her is unlikely to cost him his life, and presses the soft line of his pointed teeth against the edge of her hip. For a moment Ivar is still, breathing in the dripping scent of her and the too-slow pulse of her cold blood beneath thin skin. And then his teeth snap shut, catching only air before his muzzle is tucked against his neck and he watches the pearlescent shimmer of her eyes for a reaction.

I know my lies could not make you believe
    in my dark times, baby this is all I could be
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

@[Yidhra]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: could i use you as a makeshift gauge - any - by Ivar - 10-25-2018, 07:43 PM