• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

maybe you were the ocean, and i was just a stone; breckin and any

maybe you were the ocean

Wane had come into Nerine uninhibited; bold, if not a little reckless, as he walked across the kingdom boundaries with flagrant disregard. He hadn’t intended to ruffle feathers, but it is somewhat inevitable when a fox slinks into a hen house, isn’t it? The truth is that he hadn’t thought about kingdoms, or monarchs, for a good many years. He might have stopped to remember if he thought that he would be spending any meaningful amount of time here, but he hadn’t. 

He had thought that he was only passing through, but then the ocean had stopped him.

And that worked, for a while. Though there wasn’t much to change in the way of Nerine’s landscape, Wane had watched what little colours the kingdom harboured as they shifted from bright greens to warm oranges, yellows, and reds. From the peace of a seemingly private beach summer fell into autumn, and with that change a new set of challenges regarding life on the beach were brought to Wane’s attention.

On the coattails of a crisp, fall breeze came the familiar smell of women. 

Because he’d spent his days along the coastline (waiting for her perhaps, because if she were to show up anywhere it surely would have been in the sea-foam), Wane hadn’t clued in to the kingdom’s inhabitants before then. He’d met Eszka, but no one since, and she hadn’t even hinted at his misplacement here. As such, he hadn’t thought to seek out the kingdom monarch and humbly request that he, and his foreign genitalia, be allowed entrance. 

So, today he strays father from the shoreline, following a rocky incline that zigzags haphazardly up the side of the granite cliffs. It looks as though it has been carved out by a blade (all fine lines and precision), but Wane doesn’t stop to question why. He is looking for someone with authority, and picturing all the bulky, blocky lines of a draft breed as he does so because, sadly, Wane’s school of thought is just a little archaic.

Wane
    and i was just a stone

@[Breckin] I just thought that maybe he should be formally invited to squat in your kingdom providing he doesn't blow it like it seems like he might. Wink

Leilan
    a dragon who couldn't be hurt on the outside
    could have so many ragged holes inside
    Wane would be quite surprised by Breckin indeed; underneath whatever ruse she tries to keep up as the big strong Leviathan queen, she’s a soft little insecure girl - but let’s not tell anyone. She’s grown into her role by now, though. Heck, she could keep on bossing him around all day. Not that he minds. He sees her as something cute underneath and through it all.

It would have been so funny to know Wane expects a big draft horse lady, probably an ugly one; his mother is the second in command now, but she would have fit the expectation so completely. Instead, todsy, he gets a shiny, scaly stallion, though not the leader of the kingdom (but yes, his draft-Friesian heritage is quite easily seen). Adorned with the gold he is so accustomed to by now, yet with the silvery-white streaks in his mane and silver dapples still visible on his legs. He knows he’s quite a sight. And he’s not the type to hide.

But he’s in Nerine and Nerine is a kingdom of the Leviathans; so whenever he needs something, he’ll have to ask his, uhm, consort. Not that he minds - she gives him all kinds of freedoms. It’s just something to be aware of, is all. And finding a stallion on the beach that he’s never seen before, raises quite some questions.

He’s pretty sure the number of stallions around here is five, but this would be the sixth.

He spots him when he’s trying to figure out how to switch between heat vision and normal vision; a thermal signature behind the rock he’s about to curve. Switching back with a few fruitless and one fruitful blink and shake of his head, he walks up to the next zigzag to intercept him. He waits for the stallion to show, casually leaning one shoulder against the rock, knowning that the man who’s about to round the corner can’t miss him if he continues his trek.

When he does, he addresses him. ”I didn’t think I’d find a stray stallion in Nerine, of all places.”
    HTML by Vanilla Custard, picture by x-celebri-x on deviantart

@[Wane] you asked for a starter but you have this open so /hello/
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |