• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

And you know I'm loaded.. [Kirin;now open]

He listens with interest, together they seem to fawn over him, much to his liking. He didn’t shrink from their attention, instead he puffed his chest feeling rather proud. Mother loved his wings, she always had. He couldn’t blame her, they were truly wonderful, he didn’t know what he would do without them. The soft feathers were warm, they served as a sunblock, they could even cool him if he felt so inclined to wave them about. A smile plasters itself on his maw, a mirror of the gesture his father beamed back at him. A plum colored plume wiggles in delight at his backside, the tuft still short and stubby. This wasn’t so bad, he wasn’t sure why he had been a bit nervous, it was a piece of cake.

Mother is happy no doubt, he could tell by the way she presented herself, her dial rising to display her confidence. Confidence. That was a big thing with mom, being presentable, being proper, proud. It suited him well enough, though at times it was a bit annoying always standing so correct and tall. Sometimes he just wanted to slump about, to not worry about the reach of his head or his voice. Kid stuff.

He hadn’t expected for his father to ask him about himself. To take much interest in that part of his life, he didn’t know what to tell him. From the pointed look Mom was giving him, he knew he had better make it good, and he had better think quickly. Well, that wasn’t too much to ask of a young boy, he himself thought he was very interesting. ”Well I like to play chase, and sometimes we play a game that exercises my wings.”  He emphasized this by spreading them wide, allowing for a closer inspection of the feathered rows. ”But you know what I like to do best? I like to squish the jellies! They feel funny don’t you think? I like the way they make a splat sound when you step on them.” He looked brightly up at his father, hoping he liked to squish jellyfish as much as he did. They were ugly nasty creatures anyway, and he didn't think they were otherwise interesting.

Khaosx'Killgore'(Urgle)|html by Call
    "Oh I can." Though it is disappointing that Kirin has not inherited any of the iron, the wings certainly have their own advantages. With them he can stalk from on high, and, potentially attack. And he is at least a handsome little thing, which can set other horses at ease. Or, at least, make them forget themselves. An advantage for manipulation.

But the question remains - does he have the mind for it? Does he have the taste for cruelty and violence that both of his parents possess? With two parents with a taste for blood, one would think so, but Khaos has been disappointed by far too many of his children to assume. And he can glean nothing from the boy's manner at the moment - though his bearing does at least suggest confidence, and the potential for power.

He cocks his ear as the boy speaks, leaning forward slightly in undisguised interest. The boy's first remarks are unfortunately completely ordinary - as important as chase and wing exercises are for building strong bones and muscles. But the boy's admission about the jelly fish ... now that peaks his interest. "Yes, quite odd little things aren't they. It is rather amusing to crush them." He leans in even closer to the boy, ears forward. "Tell me, Kirin. Do you ever think of squashing anything else?"

((Ooc: I got bored on the bus, so I figured I'd at least write up a reply to this thread since Khaos hasn't been officially done in yet. Smile ))