• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the past, it haunts us; PENGUINS
    He blinks awake when the rumble of a masculine voice speaks to him. His eyes blink open, slowly, though only because he felt like he had just fallen asleep. The rumble of the words is almost soothing and because it was not her, not Syn, he could almost relax. It takes him a moment to blink the sleep from his eyes to find the two sets of peering eyes watching him quietly. There was an ease in the manner that they lingered next to one another that reminded him so very briefly of when him and Syn were young. But no, that was different, these two were different. It takes him a moment to shuffle back through his memories to realize what the first had said to him.

“But she won’t find me here, no one likes the prickly things.” He says quietly. The first stallion had stepped back and now the second slightly smaller one was speaking. He saw the genuine truth in his eyes, and he could have cried. The grown stallion unused to someone caring for him in any capacity.

He lurches to his feet in the room that they had given him, uncaring of the way the brambles and nettles cut and stuck to his body, making it itch and burn in some places. It takes him a moment to respond, his eyes sunken and dull, without the spark that made someone care. “Anani.” He says, and then realizes that the golden one is looking at the small rivulets of blood that had beaded up from the scratches. “Oh. No, it’s okay.” Reassuring, he turns his head to look at the small scratches, revealing the silver lines of scars across his neck as the fur spreads. He smiles a small weak smile when he turns back to them. “I can do a little.”

Not enough to save his mother. Not enough to keep Syn from scarring him.

His smile fades. “I don’t want her to hurt you. You should probably just go.” Oh but doesn’t the thought just tear him apart inside. He had a taste of someone who cared, just a tiny small sample but it was enough to make him long for more. “I’ll probably be okay.” He shrugs, careful to step from the nettles and thorns anyways, not wanting to worry the golden one, Tithe, anymore than he had.

There’s a longing in his eyes as he watches them, he can’t help himself. He wanted what they had, wanted the ability to stop fearing and watching and worrying. He sighs though, tearing his eyes away and finds a particular interesting spot of dirt on the ground. He can’t watch them walk away from him.

Messages In This Thread
    the past, it haunts us; PENGUINS - by Anani - 10-25-2018, 06:05 PM
    RE: the past, it haunts us; PENGUINS - by Anani - 10-27-2018, 02:25 PM