• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Firestarters always get the burns - Rhaegor

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

She can’t say she’s not happy with the new recruits, but.

But.

She knows; she is not blind. She sees it in the way the girls’ faces light up when they tell her why and how they came to Hyaline, she knows it by the smell of the colt’s touch lingering upon them. She wonders how he keeps that up, but mostly, if he has figured it out yet - he can’t bring them all here under the presumption they’re the only one. They will run into one another.

Recruiting takes more than dragging a pretty face over - they won’t stay long if they aren’t a fit, or at least they won’t be an asset for the kingdom. So she seeks him out; it had been long overdue, but if Kagerus doesn’t tell him that this is not the way, if Solace doesn’t believe her boy is capable of all this, and if Svedka is again or still running around the mountains as a lion - then she is the only one.

She tracks his scent, and wonders how the hell she should talk this out with a mute.

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[Rhaegor] because he has a foster mother who is not pleased, right about now
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

I kept my hope just like i'd hoped to
    then sang to the sea for feelings deep blue

It's been a bit of a hot mess since the beach party, to say the least.

In some ways of course, he came out on top - sharing a new kind of brotherhood with Sviko in the face of all those damned fillies. It wasn't like he invited them all there, in fact he had only invited one here, as a member! Kensa is already making other friends besides Rhae and even recruiting other members herself, so he can't see how her addition is a bad thing. The fact that Ivy and  Dawn had showed up is not his fault, and Chryseis was born here.

But, of course, he can't possibly imagine that the dazzling months of his well-protected childhood would ever be analysed, never mind disapproved of! So he doesn't think of his girlfriends today as he grazes among the long grasses of the eastern basin, close to the sea. He likes the way the salt mixes with the grass here, as the spray of water is brought in by the angry fall winds. Today isn't so windy, and that is why he hears her approach him in the wide open space, a place he is well known for frequenting.

Ilma, he recognizes her as. Raising his well-shaped head from the blades, he meets her gaze with a smile and dips his head, the closest thing he can get to a whinny in passing. And of course, he expects this to be in passing - so he drops his head back to the grass, content to not worry about anything and to instead fill his growing tummy.

Rhaegor

@[Ilma]
    [Image: rhae]

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

The boy isn’t too hard to find, grazing, and he nods at her as if in passing. But the white mare changes course, stopping at a talking distance, and smiles at him a bit. ”Can I ask you something, Rhaegor?”

It’s then she realizes that, even if he nods now, he next question isn’t easily answered by someone who has trouble speaking. Her ears flick back at the realization, and she sighs. Seems that she’ll have to do the talking. ”I noticed you hanging around with several girls and, well, I’m wondering if they know about each other. And if they’re only here in Hyaline for you, then I’m worried that if you’re not making a choice between them, they’ll all leave.” They still might leave if he chose one over the other, and they might still be wholly broken. But at least they would know what was up.

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[Rhaegor] I think pre-plague is the way to go here but maybe we could try and round it up quickly (:
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time