• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[Heartfire & Any] I'm tired, you're angry, and everyone looks blurry

She does not particularly care for this feeling, the persistent sensation that things have abruptly tumbled from her control. As though her grasp on the situation had been entirely lost, allowing it to spiral in wild abandon. Until she had stumbled and tripped, finding herself in a relationship she cannot quantify or qualify. Until the cause of her turmoil had added even more by depositing a ward into her lap without word nor warning.

For perhaps the first time in her life, she is quite at a loss.

The filly is careless and carefree, dancing from one curiosity to the next with little more than a thought. The abrupt vision however, seems to send the poor girl into a paroxysm, causing her to shout and kick out, as though her fleeting actions would slay the demon in her head. She ends with a whimper, the soft sound bringing Heartfire closer, protectively. Despite all her failings, she has always been protective of those she considers her own. And though she had not actively chosen this, it seems Briella had found her way into the growing circle of those she deems hers.

The filly whispers her name, and Heartfire drops her muzzle, brushing briefly against the fuzz of her wispy mane as the timid question falls from the girls lips. “I heard,” she answers softly, with surprising gentleness. “You are safe, I promise.”

The girl may not know her well yet, but she would learn soon enough Heartfire does not make promises lightly. The the blue and white mare, for all her unassuming appearance, is a dangerous woman to cross. No one would harm the child so long as she held her in her care.

She asks after Dovev then, and Heartfire sighs, lifting her head to peer into the direction the bone-armored stallion had disappeared. Her gaze hardens briefly as she stares into the distance. She would certainly have a few choice words for him when he returned. If he returned. Only a fool would believe Carnage did not have ulterior motives resting behind that mysterious message. And Dovev, the idiot, had run right into it. “Dovev will do what he must,” she finally answers cryptically. Briella would no doubt learn soon enough what kind of man she’d followed home.

The girl’s comment on the Valley draws her attention back, one brow arching in faint surprise at the question. It seems Briella had become far more than simply lost if she has memories of the Valley. Heartfire had been barely more than a child herself when the kingdom had disappeared. There is a sadness that infuses the child as she draws closer to Heartfire, and even with her hardened edges, she finds herself softening towards the little chestnut.

The blue mare closes the remaining distance, nose dropping to nuzzle gently between her charge’s small ears. She offers her warmth and support, the only thing she can think to provide in such a moment. “The Valley is gone,” she admits softly, refusing to coat the truth. There is no use to it. Still, she would ensure the girl knows she has a home, if she wishes it (new and strange, perhaps, but a home nonetheless). “You are in Nerine now Briella. And you are welcome to stay with me as long as you wish.”

Whatever she might lack in maternal instincts, she can make up for in support and protection. She could only hope it would be enough this time.

i see your sins
    and i want to set them free

Messages In This Thread
    RE: [Heartfire & Any] I'm tired, you're angry, and everything is blurry - by Heartfire - 10-30-2018, 03:46 PM