• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'll come for you if you want me to; set
    “Don’t you ever tame your demons; but always keep them on a leash. "
    Hey-oh.

It is long, battle-worn legs that draw him across the gently swaying grasses, alive with breeze and rodent alike. With all the power to be whatever he pleases, it is his own skin that he finds the most comfort in, the image he most often wears. There had been a time when it was all he had and though the unstoppable waters of time had borne him along a long, twisted path, causing him to lose sight of himself from time to time – he would never really forget. The thrill of being alive hums deep in his throat, the morning sun warm on his back as he drifts west, toward the blood-red maple tree. Salomea had not followed him. He had only half expected her too; it’d helped that Niklas had taken advantage of her being preoccupied with the apprehension of splitting off from the only family she had even known. A comfortable smirk finds its mark on scarred lips. He and Ana’s demon had been impossible from the start; he reflects fondly on a memory involving the ice-eyed goddess, a rogue hellhound puppy, an unfortunate death, and an unrepentant Niklas.  

Lost in the laughter of the past, he gives her notice only when she raises her head, dappled in the morning sunlight. A lazy smile graces the stranger’s lips; he takes surreptitious note of the rarity of the laugh that follows, as if echoing the past he had only just emerged from. “Aye,” he replies without thinking, noting with characteristic ease that there’s truth in her observation. With a soft snort, he moves closer, yellow eyes scanning the horizon, an old habit that had yet to fade. “Everything is different, but it will always be the same,” he says quietly, more to himself than she. It is when he swings his dual-colored head back to meet her prone gaze that he senses it. The wrenching and wretched sense of helpless loss. A  mother stolen from a desperate, clinging grasp. Shaking out his mane to disguise the cold ache that trembles just below the surface, raw here, on his first morning home. He shifts back away from her, a comfortable distance.

The rioting leaves caught up by another breath of wind draw his gaze, but it is she that he addresses. “It is good to be home,” he says, simply, that daring grin reaching back to meet her out of the corner of his eye.
    SET
    alliance champion, once king, mage

Yay! Love her, adore you! <33

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'll come for you if you want me to; set - by Set - 10-29-2018, 12:38 AM