• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    the blight of man, the shame of the divine; any
    VulgariS
    take me, take me back to your bed. i love you so much that it hurts my head.
    say, i don't mind you under my skin. oh, let the bad parts in, the bad parts in.
    When the earth finally settles itself into place, he thinks of Adna. Is she safe? Is someone there to protect her and soothe her fear? If he hadn’t chased them away then they could all escape together. He wouldn’t have to ask these questions if only he’d fought for them like Leliana said. He rises onto his hooves and searches the rubble of Loess briefly, until it’s clear that the next step is to flee for the Pampas. With a deep breath, he turns from his home for the past year and begins the short journey into undiscovered lands.

He walks slowly along the crooked line where the grass gives way to the ocean shore. It’s eerily silent and he stops to look over his shoulder from time to time, checking who’s arrived and who remains lost in the middle of the chaos. He wonders where Leliana is. He pauses, two hooves in the sand and two in the grass, as he decides that once the Loessians are safe, he’ll search for her. What other choice does he have? Shiya is immune to the disease spreading through Beqanna, after all, so she has no need for him to protect her.

Vulgaris lifts his head and issues the call for his fellow kingdom members. As he lowers his chin, though, he keeps his eyes trained on the skies in search of their Lord. Surely Wolfbane would make it through alright, he hopes with a worrying frown. He begins to pace, leaving trail after trail of hoofprints in the sand as he weaves back and forth.
    everyone post to me, muwahaha.
    Electra

Everything happened so fast, as if the world obliterated then settled.

Well fuck.

Her heart thunders violently in her chest, her body shifting in and out of her living an ghostly form every waking second as she flees Loess. Everything is a blur, the wails of the dead reaching out to her, and the screams of the living in chaos. She's lost. Trapped between two realities as her body shifts back and forth. Please make it stop. 

Then everything went black.

She awakes to new surroundings, her body tightly nestled in a small patch of grass enclosed by various wildflowers. Thankfully her shifting has ceased. She rises up, stiffly, her vibrant gaze searching her surroundings, feeling even more lost than before. Where the fuck is everyone? Where am I? Is Bane safe? Her thoughts plague her as she wanders aimlessly through the pampas, violet eyes flickering back and forth until she spots someone familiar yet unacquainted.

He calls for all them, he calls for her. So the bard of Loess goes forth, expression weary and troubled, her heart still pounding in her chest, her mind flustered. The midnight and pearl women looks to the dappled grey stag, "Where is Wolfbane?" She demands, her tone edged with a knife. "What the fuck just happened." She snaps irritably.

Like the sweetener you are

This post is crap
    [Image: electra_by_cowgirlconrad-dcnkty9.png]

Arthas
    It was happening again

The faeries were made at the inhabitants of there lands, and for that reason they are punishing us all. The lands shifted, more land, which they can't complain about....but a toxin runs thick in beqanna with few areas to call safe, a disease that is contagious and can contaminate anyone out of the 'safe' lands.

They changed the kingdoms again, broken into sections with each one having a safe zone, but the twist is only on land per section may be a kingdom. Of course Loess and Sylva were in the same land, it seemed a perfect time to declare war upon one another, but in this very moment he had to gather his kingdom to safety to discuss the next step.

He gathered who he could an gave a call out for all others within range, only hoping they would make the gathering in the Pampas...there new safe land. As he quickly moves through the land, Sylva being the farthest from these Pampas, it was no surprise that when he reaches the safe land Vulgaris and a few other Loess inhabitant were already there. They were not saying anything of importance, and Bane and Lepis were not around, as much as he wanted to go and greet Vulgaris, an old friend, he remained a safe distance from the Loess members.

Sylva, in case you missed the faeries wrath, this is the only safe land in the southern region, here you will not be vulnerable to the toxins that lay outside. He looks about, hoping that his kingdom members would all trickle in quickly That being said, I cannot and will not force you to live your lives here, you are free to travel as you please but know that you are at risk for the disease, with no cure that we know of. The faeries also noted only one kingdom is allowed per region, and I will be damned if we allow Loess to control what is ours He stands up a bit taller as he looks out to his members, there home was changed once again. He listens for there comments, any questions they have or even suggestions on how to move forward.

Dangerous Business

Tagging Sylva, this will be a kingdom check and you are expected to post, thank you! @[Rey] @[Jackel] @[Maugrim] @[Ouija] @[Rajanish] @[Delta] @[Celest] @[Oriax] and anyone else wanting to join Sylva Wink

titus
    one day it's here and then it's gone,
    how are you still holding on?
    Peace is all he had known lately, the lull of silence that brought everyone happiness. He personally might have been just content with his life the way things were going. A childhood that should have been perfect might have shaped him to be this way, but perhaps he would just always be content and bitter within.

Yet, the plague had come and broke their peaceful lives into a chaotic mess.

Titus does not try to fret over what has come within his homeland. Beqanna has been filled with times of hardship and came out of the chaos victoriously. However, these are only stories. Stories he holds onto during these growing moments of darkness and destruction. He clings onto what he only knows to be reliable—those within Loess.

Loess was his home. More than Nerine had ever been. So, when the world finally settles within the chaos and the direction is given, he follows.

A new land is where they find themselves. A new beginning is it though? Titus is filled with thoughts of uncertainty. However, the winged stallion does not show his concerns visibly to others as he approaches the small gathering.

He recognizes Arthas and Vulgaris easily except for the mare though she smells of Loess. The presence of Arthas puts him on edge. There had been news of a war coming, but with the plague this had changed their direction. What exactly would come from this?

“Where is Wolfbane?” He asks with a flick of his tail, ignoring the proclamation from Arthas. If there was to be any decision, they would need to find their leader first. Was it even possible to live with members of Sylva when they could have recently been at each other’s throat? It seemed likely not.
    son of rome and porcia
    male, classic champagne appaloosa
    ocelot-shifting, wings, immortality
    character info: here | character reference: here

My dreams have all come true

Where is Wolfbane? Where is he?
    Has he gone inside himself, unwilling to believe that Beqanna was thrust into certain turmoil?
    Is he hoping that someone else will take this burden from his shoulders and turn it into legacy?

No.
    Wolfbane is among them, having finished his conversation with Noah at the outskirts of this (perhaps her) new land. He and Lepis have been woolgathering, it’s true, but what they gather is wool meant to clothe and shelter the rest, because he knows they’ll have questions.
    Where is Wolfbane? Being the first.

“I’m here.” He barks out from the distance, approaching the gathered and reading their hungry expressions. Something in his tone is patronly, warm, but it belies a quiet strength and an unspoken command of silence! The eyes need only look, not speak. His wings rest curved and wicked at his sides, sweat and determination soaking him through to the bone. Vulgaris is here, Electra and Titus … Arthas. These, himself, and his Queen Lepis are who remains. The rest will either come back in time or not come at all. Beqanna spins on.

“What a mess.” Their Lord spits onto the new earth, resting his weary legs as he comes to halt alongside the other pegasus stallion. His intention had been to return home and ask for Titus to finally join his ranks as Paladin, completing the full deck, and here he was dealing with rampant sickness, on top of a now useless war. “Lepis has mapped our new world, I’ve yet to fly over and see it myself. This stretch of territory -” He pauses, blue-masked head swinging side-to-side as if to sweep a knowing eye over the verdant pastures and wildflowers, “- is Loess’. A newcomer mare asks for dominion over it. Since I, nor any of you that I know of, can be in three places entirely I’m curious enough to give her a chance. Her name is Noah, and she would secede any competition for a higher title. She aims to heal and I aim to keep a healer.” The striped drake proposes, withholding the chance for anyone to speak yet as he dives into the larger, more personal matters of succession.

“As for Sylva.” Bane lowers his voice, both olive drab eyes locking onto the King-who-would-be Arthas. “Our need for two Kingdoms vanished, so your games of war and empty threats are over, sir.” The brute clipped out, hanging onto that last word as someone might hang on to an insult. Division in chaos breeds failure, and Wolfbane intends with every fibre of his being to have Loess and her people rise like so many phoenix's from their ashes once this ordeal passes over. “You can be with us or against us Arthas. Only one choice allows you to stay, choose wisely.”

“Vulgaris.” Their leader says, “If you think you can withstand it, I’d have you take hold of the autumn forest and lead her.” Hard words are hard words, coming from a mouth that likes compromise, but they have to be said all the same. “While other kingdoms are contemplating abandon, I want us to stay unified even if there are only a handful of us. I could see this place housing Loess peacekeepers and Sylva raising her warriors. I personally want to ride this out in Loess, where I belong and where I believe I can combat the illness if I contract it.” The long-winded speech goes, closing on a heavy sigh that passes through Wolfbane’s inky blue lips.

He leaves them with this: “Come, speak to me now. Tell me I’m an idiot or a genius. Let’s do this, but let’s do this together.”

Like all good nightmares do

@[vulgaris] or @[Lepis] whoever is next, or even @[Noah] if she wants to join

Smile
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]
    VulgariS
    take me, take me back to your bed. i love you so much that it hurts my head.
    say, i don't mind you under my skin. oh, let the bad parts in, the bad parts in.
    He turns his head when another begins to approach, a stranger he’d seen around Loess for a while before today. In another life, he might have found her beautiful enough to entertain for a while, but his thoughts are too frantic. Her questions mirror his own and his jaws part to speak, but in the end he can only shake his head in bitter disappointment. The only thing he knew for certain was that he as terrified for the first time in his life. He felt powerless to help those who meant the most to him.

I don’t know. I just.. hope everyone’s alright,” he says as he resumes watching for others to join them. Mostly he means his lover and his children, but he doesn’t expand on the topic any further. His eyes focused on Arthas when he spotted him approaching. There is some part of him that is relieved to see the Sylvan king safe and healthy, but he doesn’t let his guard down just yet. His words curl the serpent’s lips to bare his teeth and a guttural hiss emits from his throat.

The hour of war has come and gone. Our priority now should be on survival. If you don’t intend to share that goal, then you are a threat and I will eat your face.” His eyes narrow before turning to Titus, offering him a brief nod of recognition. His question is answered soon enough as the gold and blue Lord joins them. He snorts softly at Wolfbane’s observation, finding some sliver of humor in the middle of the chaos swirling around them. What an understatement. He doesn’t feel any opposition to the idea of letting a more neutral figure take control of the Pampas, since the other kingdoms are at odds.

But then Wolfbane is making a request of him and he tilts his head in slight confusion. Vulgaris? Take hold? He respects his leader a great deal but he finds the choice utterly misguided. The serpent is perhaps the least suited for leadership in any sense.

If you demand it, then I will comply, but Sylva has suffered enough at the revolving door of rulers. Arthas should come to his senses and remain on the forest throne, aligning his intentions with our own once more. His people need someone they know to rally around.

The truth of the matter is that Vulgaris has too many troubles already. Between Leliana, Shiya, and his unborn children, he finds himself lost in his path.
    @[Electra] @[Arthas] @[Titus] @[Wolfbane]
    Anarchy.
    Devastation.
    Violence.

The dark hound had been created to be a catalyst. A dark force that brought a reckoning to shake the very core of the world he had been born into. His birth was more than forewarning to his father now, but a bringer of darkness.

He had played his part with the bringing of the plague. But he was not the only one to be blamed. There had been a handful of them, some willingly while others had been manipulated to do so. But he, a messenger of hell, did so without question.

Some would shame him for what he has done, but others would joyfully applaud the chaos he played a part in. The hellhound cares nothing for what others might think. Their morals and principles do not affect him. He is simple-minded, attune to living to the beat of his immortal life as he pleases.

He was not surprised when the plague came that all would seek out the safe havens the fairies had provided for them. Not all of them would be immune to the disease that spread like wildfire across the land like he was—another gift from the dark god to thank him for his effort in bringing the disaster. Brilliant Pampas is where they had gone to, and he eventually makes his way there. Truthfully, he was in no rush to get there.

When he sees the gathering of familiar faces he is not surprised to be met with those from Loess. There had been a declaration of war before the plague, but where did that leave them now? Sinner smirks at such things. The idea of war seemed promising, but with the plague it could entirely mean something else.

Sinner slips towards the group, placing himself next to the crowned king of Sylva. His wolf ears flicker towards the conversation. Of course, Arthas would need to put behind the talk of war if he wishes their small community to be safe. Sylva was not safe unless others were willing to risk getting sick. What is the plague even capable of? He wonders, knowing well that the plague could destroy their entire world within a heartbeat. Is that what Carnage had wanted?

“You overstep yourself, Wolfbane,” he says with distaste at the suggestion of Vulgaris to take a hold of the autumn kingdom. “Sylva is not simply yours to handout, and there is a previous agreement that has been rather set in stone.” Well, at least I am to see to it. Sinner would not let the hands of another Loessian take the autumn forest throne without his opinion on the matter. As much as Loess held an upper hand, it would not stretch over his homeland.

Perhaps matters could be mended though. “War is definitely out of the question right now,” he says boldly, glancing his dark hooded gaze over to Arthas. “If you wish to see us tear each other apart and let our own selfish needs be our undoing then so be it, Arthas.” It would have been fascinating to the very least to let the chaos and destruction unravel between their kingdoms, but it would mean an ending to his own current position and that was not going to be a likely occurrence as he stood here within the new land.

“Let us be civil once more again,” he suggests with a soft wolfish grin.
    character info: here | character reference: here

Currenly immune to the plague per Carnage's quest.
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference
    Most likely always in his hellhound form
    I want peace, but there are other things that I want even more.

When I settle in beside striped Wolfbane, it is with a scowl on my pale face and stormclouds in the usual clear blue-grey of my eyes. My attention flicks from one horse to the next as I listen with a single navy ear to the words of the stallion beside me. There are familiar faces: Vulgaris, Sinner, Arthas (I do not look his way for long), but there are also strangers and those that might as well be. A spotted boy, a serpentine woman, a girl whose ombre hair I recognize – they are all from Loess.

There are no Sylvans here but the king and his champion.

Vulgaris is next to speak, and I find myself nodding at his words even as I roll my shoulders to flex the wings tired from my recent survey of this land. Then Sinner speaks, and his words are almost a surprise. I turn my gaze to his fiery one, recalling the conversation that had passed between the two of us during my reign in Sylva. My time in the autumn woods was not entirely wasted then.

Let’s be civil again, suggests the creature whose favorite food is blood.

“Let’s not.” I reply, taking a step forward. “Sylva has never been anything but a burden to Loess.”

The bond between the kingdoms had been forged years ago, and the autumn woods have done nothing but drag down my beloved kingdom. I am tired of the drain, of the political burden, of the constant reminder of a past that I long to forget. Fate had seen fit to bind us geographically, but I will be damned if I remain involved with Sylva a moment longer.

“Go back to your woods.” A firm step forward, as though I might drive them off myself. Perhaps I will.“Your children will be allowed in the Pampas, but the rest of you can find shelter elsewhere. This land belongs to Loess and you are not welcome here.” It doesn’t occur to me that I am speaking with an authority that I do not have. Wolfbane is leader of Loess and Noah of this snowy little haven, but it is clear from my braced hooves and poised wings that I have every intention of carrying out my command with my own hooves and teeth.

I want peace, but I want to be rid of Sylva even more.

@[Sinner] @[Wolfbane] @[Vulgaris] [@[Arthas] @[Titus] @[Electra]

Arthas
    There he is

Arthas thinks to himsef, the blue and gold king approaches, better late than never. He tried his best to ignore the chatter that Loess was spewing, but when the conversation was directed towards Arthas his head turned to look at Wolfbane. The Loess king announces that Arthas can combine as one, or be exiled or so he threatens. The bastard than goes on to announce that Vulgaris will take control of Sylva, the comment caused a laughter to escape his maw Over my dead body, you do not own Sylva Bane, and I will be damned if you think you can send your puppets to take control. The dappled king stands taller, his ears pinned to his dome and he was ready for the war to break out right here and now.

Vulgaris, the dapple stallion that Arthas still finds a friend, regardless of his ties with Loess. He seemed to be the only smart one here, agreeing to his kings request but noting the kingdom should remain with Arthas, he ignores the comment and his gaze shifts to Sinner as the hell hound quickly finds himself a spot in the conversation. Sinner spoke, and he was not wrong....the kingdoms could not go at war in this very moment like planned. They both had there own members to worry about, innocent lives were at risk here. Sinner announce the two kingdoms should find peace for the time being, and the thought makes him want to vomit but instead his eyes shift to Lepis.

The view of her made his stomach boil with hatred, she quickly found herself a spot in the conversation, announcing that Loess and Sylva should not come together in peace. Noting that Sylva has been nothing but a burden to Loess and he can only roll his eyes at her childish words. She announces that the children of Sylva are welcome in Pampas, but the rest of the kingdom members are not welcome, his gaze remained on the dun mare Lepis. you cannot make your mistakes vanish. You were once the queen of Sylva, and so therefor you create this burden you speak of, but let me remind you that we are anything but a burden. We bring numbers, and numbers provide strength, let us also not downplay the power of my kingdom members, perhaps you fear the fact that we could easily overthrow Loess. He had much more to say to her, like the fact that she left him for his best friend....a friend he once considered his son. Now lets shift this conversation His gaze turned to Wolfbane We can find peace in the time of this outbreak, but as soon as things have settled we will decide who the true ruler of the south sector is, all members of Loess and Sylva will be allowed in Pampas He shifts a glare to Lepis before returning to Wolfbane Don't take my kindness as weakness, I am only negotiating terms for the safety of my kingdom members.

Dangerous Business

@[Wolfbane] @[Sinner] @[Lepis] @[vulgaris]

that's all there is

Quietly, as if she is a red-tinged shadow, the little mare follows her newly met acquaintances over to the larger group, hazel eyes assessing, curious but reserved. She knows now of the great tension between the two Kingdoms joined to this little haven, and though she knows none of the players very well, even she has heard stories of what might live in Sylva – she is, after all, a child of Beqanna even if she has never declared loyalty to any of its principalities. To this end, and because she has already given her loyalty (at least as a healer and non-challenger) to Wolfbane, the mare positions herself at first behind and just to the side of the gold-and-blue stallion, on the side not already taken by Lepis.

At first, she just listens. Wolfbane is succinct and matter-of-fact; qualities she supposes are excellent in one who is a leader. Sinner, standing beside the gray stallion she has inferred must be the leader of Sylva, does not confer her with the same level of instant trust as Wolfbane had; thus, at least for now, she is quite sure that she has made the right choice. Lepis follows up with a firm stance that backs Wolfbane’s, and Noah shifts uneasily at the strain between Arthas and Wolfbane, Arthas and Lepis. The roan mare hesitates, sidles closer to Wolfbane out of sheer instinct, but after taking a deep breath she shores up her bravery and steps forward, beside the two of them (Wolfbane and Lepis) instead of behind them.

“I am the healer, and I stand with Wolfbane.” She looks at Arthas, at Sinner; her voice is whisper-soft, but it still has a core of stone. “If you wish to have access to my services for your people, you will cede your claim to Kingship in the South to Wolfbane, and retreat to Sylva as a herd or a subkingdom. That is the way to keep your people safe.“ She lets her eyes drift to Sinner, the only one standing behind Arthas, and adds: “If that’s really what you want.” There’s more than a hint of doubt in her voice, and it hangs in the air between them even when the sound of her voice has faded.

noah