• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

ALL HYALINE RESIDENTS.

“Or,” another voice vibrates. “I give you a third option.” deep and water-logged, smoky and carried by an accent of an ancient and long forgotten place it becomes an echo all throughout the cove. 

From the shadows of the sea, from the waves and trees: and even from the rocks, it fills the air and dies with a deep chuckle. Rivulets of water drop to the ground from the spattered gray and black flesh, from the hairless form that slithers forward through tree and rock: the crevices of the Cove.

Yidhra, stops only when she reaches a rock: balancing and looking down at them with her strange and alien gaze. The barbell shaped irises narrowing and expanding as she gazes at each strand of light: at each thread of color. When she lifts her head to speak the lower half of her face moves strangely and suddenly the coiling tentacles stretch apart and expose the barbed suction cups and the beak resting in their mass: she yawns.

With her attention affixed the Kraken-esque monstrosity looks over them and rests the mass of tentacles that make up her mane and tail; but not the pair that stretch from her shoulders: those remain coiled on her back.

“Come to Pangea.” she says it without elaboration at first, without humor and without tease: instead there is a severity in her. “You were supposed to be sheltered by your sanctuary, protected in the reaches of Hyaline. The Caretakers treated you as wards, and for the most part: yes, you did flourish; but the reality of this world has changed and the only people responsible for it, are those around you and yourselves.”

With a breath she adjusts the fleshy forms near her mouth, stretching them and respashing them to almost mock what her face had been: the illusion of a nose, of jaws. “It was the people of Beqanna who brought Pangea from the ocean bottom, and the people of Beqanna who rushed the lands and brought hooves, teeth, claw, and hellish power against Rhonen. It has been the people of Beqanna who unleashed this contagion, and your Caretakers? They never interfered. Only a few did. They failed at protecting you: this is a truth that you cannot deny. Isn’t it, Kagerus?” she would’ve smiled; but she cannot, instead she looks at the other mare: never in her life having met her, a name only known in whisper.

“They would seek to move you, to spread you across the east and to try to save you now, when it is too late; but if you come to Pangea than I can offer you something… you will be infected, and you will suffer this contagion; but like any illness: where it began is often where you must go to end it. I saw the Element fall hundreds of years ago, and I see Beganna falling now, let me guide you- let me help you. We can make Pangea stronger: and then we can find a way.” its not light, not a joke, she almost seems so austere that as she peers at them: there is a soured expression in her eyes.

“In fact, in a good natured gesture-” she looks to Kagerus. “I will offer this, whomsoever comes with me is allowed to freely pass to both Cove and Hyaline and those who do not come with me may in turn pass into Pangea unharmed. After all, it would be in poor taste to cause strife when there is already so much in this place.” and she softens, or feigns it.

Yidhra remains, tendrils swaying. 

Yidhra

Messages In This Thread
    ALL HYALINE RESIDENTS. - by Kagerus - 10-31-2018, 06:50 PM
    RE: ALL HYALINE RESIDENTS. - by Yidhra - 10-31-2018, 08:52 PM
    RE: ALL HYALINE RESIDENTS. - by litotes - 10-31-2018, 08:52 PM
    RE: ALL HYALINE RESIDENTS. - by Kensa - 10-31-2018, 09:01 PM
    RE: ALL HYALINE RESIDENTS. - by Knaught - 10-31-2018, 09:14 PM
    RE: ALL HYALINE RESIDENTS. - by Kiko - 10-31-2018, 10:35 PM
    RE: ALL HYALINE RESIDENTS. - by Dawn - 10-31-2018, 11:26 PM
    RE: ALL HYALINE RESIDENTS. - by Solace - 11-01-2018, 08:14 AM
    RE: ALL HYALINE RESIDENTS. - by Knaught - 11-01-2018, 07:01 PM