• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

ALL HYALINE RESIDENTS.
    do you ever wonder...
    ...do you ever dream?

Velk's slumber is restless to say the least. The young steed could feel the toxic change in the air. Every sense fires a blaring alert that danger would be imminent; that everything he had ever known would change; that all of Hyaline's safety would be jeopardized. So, when the familiar voice of Kagerus bellows and beckons him to move, Velk wastes no time. Muscled haunches engage to push the two-toned lad into a steady jog. He finds a position among the masses and does not look back until his striped ivory hooves sink into the soft sands of Silver Cove. Blue gaze locates the bay overo and buckskin splash forms of his Queens, his mothers, so that he may take up post near them.

Cupped accoustics listen closely to Kagerus' words. A sorrow laces her tone but she stands strong and commands her audience. Velk always admired her poise and strength and, in these moments, she conveys both in her speech. Gaze darts to the unfamiliar mare and, a furrow appears in his brow as she suggests they travel right into the midst of the danger. He huffs once, distrusting and suspicious of her intentions before other Hyalinans chime in, and reassure him of the where the majority stand.

He finds space in the conversation and, quickly, offers his thoughts. "I, Velk, am heartbroken that the only home I have ever known is no longer safe..." He permits his voice to trail off as the full impact of that statement resonates within him and, he is certain, within others. "I am grateful for Hyaline's protection thus far and, fully intend to return the favor when I am ready. I do not think it wise to travel so far from home. I think it irresponsible of us to leave these sheltered borders, risk contracting the plague and, subsequently, pose as risks to infect the remainder of Beqanna. I do not wish to abandon Hyaline; however, I recognize that my healing power is of no use if I become ill. I elect to stay in Silver Cove, alongside Kagerus, training and buuilding my strength so I am ready to offer my gift when needed."

Velk

I whole-heartedly apologize for the delay <3

Messages In This Thread
    ALL HYALINE RESIDENTS. - by Kagerus - 10-31-2018, 06:50 PM
    RE: ALL HYALINE RESIDENTS. - by Yidhra - 10-31-2018, 08:52 PM
    RE: ALL HYALINE RESIDENTS. - by litotes - 10-31-2018, 08:52 PM
    RE: ALL HYALINE RESIDENTS. - by Kensa - 10-31-2018, 09:01 PM
    RE: ALL HYALINE RESIDENTS. - by Knaught - 10-31-2018, 09:14 PM
    RE: ALL HYALINE RESIDENTS. - by Kiko - 10-31-2018, 10:35 PM
    RE: ALL HYALINE RESIDENTS. - by Dawn - 10-31-2018, 11:26 PM
    RE: ALL HYALINE RESIDENTS. - by Solace - 11-01-2018, 08:14 AM
    RE: ALL HYALINE RESIDENTS. - by Knaught - 11-01-2018, 07:01 PM