• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

oh you'll be strong, you'll hold on; any
    He died.
    Despite all they did to help, he died anyways.

Cress is violently ill as she stumbles away from Leliana, from Pangea, from the attackers and the defenders. She flees from the poisoned land but it is too late anyways; the sickness is already within her bones. She should have never gone to Pangea, but she knew that she had to help in any way that she could—if Carnage was commanding all of Beqanna to kill someone, there was no way that he was guilty. It was just the Dark God scheming, trying to create more death and destruction than he already had in his infinite years.

The world seems as if it is spinning when she finally halts her slow pace, but perhaps that is just the fever coursing through her veins. She had not been moving very quickly but already she finds herself within the Forest, and she coughs as she tries to catch her breath. The sickness has gotten ahold of her very quickly indeed and she trips as she tries to take another step, too exhausted from trying to save Rhonen to even think to use her healing to try and halt the progression of the virus—the plague. Not that it would do any good anyways.

There are others, thundering past, trying to reach the sanctuary lands before it is too late—before they contract the illness, too. She watches them flee, wanting to scream to them to stay away, but she is so tired. She thinks about settling down for a nap, but she hears a voice, calling to those that are fleeing. Cress has been fleeing for so much of her life, but this time she makes a different choice: to search out instead of running away.

She finds the tovero girl easily enough—it is not so hard, as her painted coloring and yellow forelock stand out amid the trees. She does not recognize her—she has no reason to, as her sire never knew his father who is also the father to the girl in front of her—but she looks so sad that Cress cannot help but to approach. “I can help you,” she says, pausing to cough. “Be careful though, I don’t know if my illness is contagious. I have healing, but...” Her voice trails off as she takes a step back, not wanting to innocently infect the other.

“I’m Cress,” she adds, turning her head to cough again. “Are you alright?”

Messages In This Thread
    RE: oh you'll be strong, you'll hold on; any - by Cress - 11-01-2018, 12:49 AM