• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Solace, Velk, Valdis;
    And in the darkened underpass I thought,
    "Oh Satan, my chance has come at last!"

Many seemed panicked and worried. Kagerus is calling to them all, beckoning them to a central location and ushering them to a new land. Confused, Valdis hangs behind. Her eyes dart back and forth to watch the masses muster themselves to the Caretaker, heeding her words feverishly and weighing their options. Unable to follow like a lost lamb, the girl wanders Hyaline and seeks out any stragglers. She knows the direction in which everyone has fled, so perhaps she can at least guide those that are muddled. A feeble grin trembles across her lips at those passing her by, but silence keeps her lips pursed tightly shut.

The world is speeding by; Valdis almost feels sluggish in the flurry of events. Bewildered, she looks up at the sky and considers taking flight until she hears her own name carried across the hills with a powerful bellow.

Castile lands heavily from his flight with panic painted across his face. It doesn’t help to calm her firing nerves, but she runs to him still. Her own heartbeat is in her throat, hammering even in her head and ears. Weaving among the few stragglers, Valdis tunnels her vision on her father and ignores all else for the last few seconds before she is front of him. The air has a thickness that threatens her, and frightens her. Alas, she desperately attempts to mask her worry with a mild look of concern instead. The overcast clouds darken Hyaline more so, shading them in an oppressing grayscale. ”Dad,” she mutters, knowing only the vaguest details of Beqanna’s turmoil since he didn’t obediently follow the herd. ”What’s going on?” Her voice trembles with the challenge of keeping level, not wanting to betray how weak and vulnerable she feels in this moment.

Glancing over her shoulder, she tries to see whether her mother and brother are here or if they sought refuge in alien lands.

VALDIS
    But then a strange fear gripped me and I just couldn't ask.

Messages In This Thread
    Solace, Velk, Valdis; - by Castile - 11-01-2018, 10:40 AM
    RE: Solace, Velk, Valdis; - by Valdis - 11-01-2018, 12:05 PM
    RE: Solace, Velk, Valdis; - by Solace - 11-01-2018, 04:31 PM
    RE: Solace, Velk, Valdis; - by Castile - 11-01-2018, 09:56 PM
    RE: Solace, Velk, Valdis; - by Rhaegor - 11-02-2018, 01:48 AM
    RE: Solace, Velk, Valdis; - by Solace - 11-04-2018, 04:20 PM
    RE: Solace, Velk, Valdis; - by Castile - 11-09-2018, 11:21 AM
    RE: Solace, Velk, Valdis; - by Random Event - 11-10-2018, 09:21 PM