• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  go to hell for heaven's sake; any
    there is but one rule
    hunt or be hunted
    “I know you want more,” she says.

The hellhound does not dismiss her words. Truth clearly rings within her words, and he himself will not deny that fact. He hungers for many things, but he is not quick to grasp for them. It would undoubtedly be unwise for him to grab onto something without thinking about it at first. Sinner was not reckless like many have been. He is not hungry for power like some are, making it their entire life purpose. Power is simply a weapon, an opportunity that opens many doors, and he very well will ensure it is properly used.

He is a strategic thinker. Almost machine-like in his approach, knowing to be extremely effective in getting what he wants. All Sinner needed to do was set his mind to that task and it would be his. He already has the skills and now the resources to do the trick.

She looks at him as if he has possibilities, but there is more than that. The hound could be her downfall, her ending. Her young features, and ignorance are only a resource for him to use. She became a pawn on his game board of chess the minute she stepped into his presence. Without knowing, her fate is already sealed. It is up to him now to decide what role she will play in his little game.

Sinner smiles softly when she gives her his name in return. “A princess,” he chuckles softly, “How cute.” But it was worth something, he learned. He might have not been born within a kingdom and learned the playground rules, but it was simple to get yourself in the game. After all, he has found himself upon the throne. The hellhound has acquired his position, but securing it required more. It required loyalty and that came with the promise of glory and gold to others.

The dark beast considers her next words. A game is still wishes to continue despite the offer he has given her. Pathetic girl he silently says, knowing she would have accepted what he offered at first. She is ignorant. Unfortunately, her innocence of playing her own game will not be kindly taken by the autumn king.

“Do you honestly think you will get bored of me?” He huffs, tossing even her attempt at trying to toy with him. The dark hound takes a step closer to the girl, enclosing the previous space they were once in. “It’s me you should worry about who will get bored.” A dark expression crosses his face at the meaning of his words. He then licks his lips lightly, a smirk removing the previous shadows from his features.

He lets out a soft laugh. “I promise you will not get bored.” His voice lowers into a more charming and inviting tone while his eyes light up with a mischief that could not be missed. “You won’t want to leave me,” He takes a few steps to the right and circles behind her, shifting into his dark bay horse form with grace as he moves behind her.

Sinner comes around to her left side, running his muzzle against her from her shoulder up to her neck. He pushes his muzzle into her neck, taking a deep inhale of her scent. “Not for anything,” he continues in a lower voice, filled with a bewitching tone. “Or anyone else.”

He meant every word of that.
    Sinner
    the king of sylva
    character info: here | character reference: here

@[Valdis] Ohhh, I do too! <3
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference
    Most likely always in his hellhound form
    And in the darkened underpass I thought,
    "Oh Satan, my chance has come at last!"

”I thought so too,” she quips with a sly grin tracing along the edges of her lips. Her role as a princess is nothing more than a name. It provided no responsibilities, no sweet deals, especially not with her half-siblings running rampant and continuing to fill mother’s eyes with happiness and love.

No, Solace loves her and Velk. There’s no doubt about that.
    But Valdis also realizes that she doesn’t entirely fit into a family anymore. Not with mother, not with father.

Maybe that’s why she is overzealous and so curious about Sinner. There are possibilities, he says, and Valdis is tempted by the prospect to have something she never has before. No parents to hold her back, no siblings to overshadow. Finally, she can pave her own way even it means her undoing one day. It will be an experience, one in which she wants to sink her claws into. The idea is exhilarating. In her chest, her heart drums quickly and her eyes lift to his own. ”I very easily could,” but she wonders if she would truly tire of him and the shroud of darkness that seems to shadow his every step, his every word. The precariousness of his nature hasn’t been forgotten – it thrums in reminder at the back of her thoughts – but her own desires take precedence. A foolish girl, she is, but she is young and still learning what trouble lies outside of Hyaline. Barely having entered adulthood, her eyes are still covered.

Her entire life has been filled with rainbow and butterflies.

It would be a lie if she wasn’t enamored by the way he slinks behind her and eases along her left side. Where he touches her shoulder, then her neck, the skin is on fire. Electricity courses through her veins. Everything within her comes to life. ”I’ve no worry that you will get bored,” she murmurs as her head turns slightly to look at him and to see how his own gaze roves across her. He breathes her in, presses his muzzle to her neck, and in that moment she realizes that she is his. A slow sideways step reestablishes the small space between them, but Valdis unexpectedly reaches toward him only to nip his neck. Inwardly, she wants to extend the same condemnation – that he will never stray – but even in her ignorance, Valdis knows what a folly that is. As long as he always comes back, she muses, but her voice challenges him instead. ”Or else what, my King?” A playful smile. A poisonous tone.

VALDIS
    But then a strange fear gripped me and I just couldn't ask.

@[Sinner]
    there is but one rule
    hunt or be hunted
    His entire existence had been for the purpose of serving.

Every fiber and cell within his body had responded to serving the darkness. He would bend the knee on command when the innate servanthood took over him, claiming a worthy master of darkness. Without a master, he had felt completely lost (a perk the hellions would have called it, but he thought of it as chains). Endless days of searching, feeling worthless and empty, led him to search for someone or something to serve.

But he had broken from that prison.

He tore away the chains that dug into him, enslaving him from the very beginning of his creation. The many days of torture it took to break the desire, the pleasure of serving masters of darkness was unthinkable. But so was ever breaking the innateness of serving. He was an abomination to those that created him. His name was spit upon when whispered, considered disgusted when even thought of.

But he thought of himself as a hero, a god.

The chains no longer hold him back now. He is unstoppable. Ready to take as he wants and pleases. There was no stopping him now that he has become a king, a simple stepping stone to the beginning of something greater than he would have ever known.

A small chuckle escapes through his lips as they turn up into a pleasant smile. For how innocent and naïve the girl is, Sinner finds her enjoyable and enticing. The princess of Hyaline is something he would not have expected to be found within the neutral lands. But it is only natural for the innocent of heart to be curious and awed by darkness and what they do not know. It is only his pleasure that he gets to be the one to play the role, the darkness and what she does not know, in Valdis’ life.

She steps away from him, and his gaze follows her every movement. His touch, his temptation, was something she could not resist he knew. The dance with the devil was always so tempting, especially when your deepest desires are offered right before you. He gladly plays the role of the devil. There is something zesty about the way a devil can conjure anything to happen.

The girl comes back for more, but she wants to play her own games. A game of temptation and teasing. The hound gladly plays along so long as it pulls her into his web even more. Eventually, she will be his. No—she already is his.

“You don’t want to know what will happen, my little princess,” he returns the same playful smile. His tone is sweet like hers and he adds more emphasis on his little nickname for her at the end of his words.
    Sinner
    the king of sylva

@[Valdis]

A chuckle slips from his lips, grating against her ears, but Valdis finds she enjoys the coarseness of it. It doesn’t spring from his joyously as mother’s laughter nor is it the proud chuckle of her father. Beneath the layers of the gesture there is a lingering darkness and a sense of foreboding. Sinner’s reasons for chuckling may very well be different from her own. That, she keeps in mind.

As young as she is, she isn’t an idiot.
    But she, admittedly, enjoys having fun sometimes.

”Maybe I’ll take my chances,” she drawls with a casual lift of her brow, challenging him and his instinctual prowess while exhibiting her own. Valdis will never cower beneath his intense stare and sharp tongue; she won’t always fold to his whims immediately. Whether it’s from an inherited stubbornness or being a ‘little princess,’ it cannot be certain. She revels in it, not being his rag doll. It would destroy the mystique. Untouchable, she suddenly labels herself as her blue eyes rise to meet his face. He will want to overpower her, to own her – does he already? – and to have her shudder beneath his weight. Tempting, she muses, only because his offer is still hanging in the space between them, hesitating, but Valdis doesn’t pounce on it – or him. She bides her time only to be met with his wolfish grin and silence.

There isn’t an official offer, no inclination that he will sweep her away from the meadow and into his spider web. She could be like the other women – those who prance and press their bodies into him, yearning to be taken away.

But she doesn’t. She won’t.

Valdis tips her head and glances briefly toward the treeline at the far end. Her mind reels but her face betrays nothing, not yet. Is she a free woman? The concept is vague, but her body remains untouched except for the area on her neck to which he pressed his muzzle (the skin there still seems to burn – pleasurable? Miserable?). Assuming that she is, Valdis takes a slow – almost unwilling – step away from the hellhound. ”Well, King Sinner, perhaps I will go home then,” her voice is heroin, drawing him in, sinking its addictive nature into his blood, ”back to Hyaline or the Cove.” She says it flatly, without a teasing tone despite how her mind conjures a want for him to pursue, to block her way and admit that he wants her closer and to not leave him alone in the meadow.

But he is Sinner. He has his own agenda whether it is with or without her, but she can hope.

VALDIS

@[Sinner]
    there is but one rule
    hunt or be hunted
    She continues to match him with her own challenges. As if she has suddenly grown a new confidence while being around him. It only encourages him though. To pursue her even more and overcome her challenges she puts into his way of getting what he wants.

The hound has already claimed her as his. Even if the princess did not see it that way she would eventually come to terms with it. He had the tolerance and patience to wait to get what he wanted. If it took years he would still pursue her.

But it is just more than the enjoyment of overcoming something and making her his. A part of Valdis had grown slowly onto the dark beast. She has bewitched him in a way he never might quite understand. All he knows is that he desires to keep her to himself and no one else. Yet, he would never admit it. It would only show he does not have the upper hand in this dance between the devil and the princess.

Sinner watches as she glances towards the treeline. Just over the forest laid the place where she called home. A place the dark beast did not consider for her to belong to anymore—she belonged to him. She would always belong to the hound whether she agreed or not.

He takes a step forward to close the distance between them again. “You know very well you don’t want to go back there,” he says immediately, feeling enticed by her poisonous tone previously. Sinner keeps his dark gaze clearly focused onto the girl. There was no way he was going to let her leave the meadow without him. And if he must force her he would without a second thought.

“What kind of life do you really want, Valdis?” He asks, tilting his head slightly to the right as he peers at her curiously. “Hylaine or the Cove will not give you what you truly desire.” He reminds her because it can be easy to forget your desires, but he does not forget his. “What I can give you.” He pushes. Without him, he believes knows she will never get the life she wants back within Hyaline or the Cove. “Come with me, and you can get everything you have ever wanted,” he offers, though his mischievous intentions do not show on his face or hint at it within his eyes.
    Sinner
    the king of sylva

@[Valdis]

Confidence. It can be a saving grace, but also an awful curse. It spurred Valdis to roam the pestilent lands and jeopardize her health, and it has led her into the hellhound’s spinning web. The longer she remains so close, breathing in his allure, the more precarious her future is. Sinner’s wolfish grin is enticing, oddly enough, but Valdis has hardly lowered her guard. Appropriately so, she remains wary of him although her confidence is stroked by his smile and placidity. There is no longer a savage hunger mirrored in his eyes and he isn’t shedding her blood across the forest floor. What hope she has of her safety increases slowly.

They play into each other’s hands, dancing to the beat of a tango. Valdis slips her eyes away from the distant treeline to observe Sinner, listening to his gruff protest. A smile threatens to shatter the stoicism of her face, but surprisingly, she remains composed beneath his possessive stare. ”Perhaps,” she murmurs with a thoughtful blink, weighing her options carefully. ”If I wanted a high seat in Hyaline or the Cove, I likely could,” but she would always remain in the shadow of her mother and step-mother, eternally squirming to find her own place and path. At least with Sinner, even as a lowly newcomer, there would be open-ended opportunity. Her name would spread across more than just one single land. A new reputation could formulate; she wouldn’t simply be a princess guarded in a glass box.

Sinner is aware of this. By the way he peers at her with hooded eyes and offers an alternative lifestyle, he is well aware of the ensnaring Hyaline would cause. Shackles would forever bound her to a land she has outgrown.

With a casual flick of her tail, Valdis finds herself accepting (submitting) to his dark charm. A smug, lopsided grin softens the edges of her pretty face. ”Okay, okay, I will come to Sylva. You must really like me or something,” an amused chuckle tumbles sweetly into the space between them, teasing him harmlessly before nodding her head. ”I will check out your home and perhaps stay if I don’t get bored.” But she doesn’t plan to leave – not that she could, she doesn’t yet realize – because Sinner has already sunken his fangs into her and bound her to him.

To him, and not to a land.

VALDIS

@[Sinner]