• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  go to hell for heaven's sake; any
    And in the darkened underpass I thought,
    "Oh Satan, my chance has come at last!"

It could very well have been a vague answer, but Valdis is an ignorant young girl. She knows not of what other possibilities lie in wait, what else can be made possible outside of Hyaline’s borders. It churns her stomach how his eyes roll in disappointment, almost seeming to have expected the response she offered. A lip curls distastefully. ”What are you wanting then? What opportunities will you seize?” She doesn’t ask what he will try to do, what stakes he will risk, because in her heart she knows that he will get exactly what he wants. There is no trying or attempting in his world – everything is for the taking. It’s the way he looks at her and the perilous shadows that darken his face that supports her thoughts and assumptions. He won’t be swayed from his desires and needs.

Even if she is, eventually, on that list.

Valdis looks away from him as he sets a platter in front of her, baiting her, luring her. The temptation sinks its nails into her flesh and hooks her, but she doesn’t immediately jump on it. He offers her a chance to grasp what she yearns, but he still has a wolfish grin and a hollow stare that says otherwise. With a sneer and a raised brow, she eventually turns her blue eyes to look at him again. ”Pain,” she scoffs at it without measuring the weight of his warning, ”I can adapt.” It also crosses her mind that she could visit the Mountain. Perhaps, if it were alluring enough, she would try to have her threshold for pain – both emotional and physical – removed. Like him, Valdis will stop at nothing for what she wants. Nothing will stand in her way.

”And your price?” She finally asks, her voice laced with poison and honey – the best of both worlds. They are already close and so there is nowhere for her to move unless she took the chance to touch him, to feel his coat tickle her lips and his voice reverberate through her core. Valdis is not a seductress; she doesn’t know the strengths of her sexuality or how she could ever use it to her advantage. While lacking in her sultry approach, she makes up for it in her ferocity and passion. ”How can you give me anything?” Her eyes narrow on him, curious but skeptical. She doesn’t admit her mistrust of him, not openly, because he’s not yet given a reason for her to doubt him.

Him. He. The creature.

She realizes quickly that she doesn’t even know him – not even in the slightest.

”Your name,” she coarsely adds with a thoughtless shuffle of her wings, ”What is it?”

VALDIS
    But then a strange fear gripped me and I just couldn't ask.

@[Sinner]

Messages In This Thread
    go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Sinner - 11-01-2018, 02:53 PM
    RE: go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Valdis - 11-01-2018, 09:35 PM
    RE: go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Sinner - 11-05-2018, 03:40 PM
    RE: go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Valdis - 11-06-2018, 05:04 PM
    RE: go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Sinner - 11-07-2018, 03:20 PM
    RE: go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Valdis - 11-08-2018, 11:55 AM
    RE: go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Sinner - 11-12-2018, 03:38 PM
    RE: go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Valdis - 11-14-2018, 03:51 PM
    RE: go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Sinner - 11-17-2018, 01:47 PM
    RE: go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Valdis - 11-26-2018, 02:28 PM