• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  I don't take back what I say; KERBEROS

The night is dark...
    I swear I could feel the sickness as it crept through the land. I could feel it all around me and a fear I hadn’t ever known curdled in my stomach. I heard the fairies in my head, telling us all where to go, but I’ll be damned if I am leaving this place without seeing if Kerberos and Kali were still around. I wasn’t going to leave them behind again. I narrow my eyes, using the determination to strike out the fear, to push it back and down until I can tolerate it. I move along the shore deciding that I was going to have to push back in through the branches and see if I could see him there. 

I paused and took a long look out over the water, remembering times that had past when I notice the faint smudge of land where there hadn’t been land before. That must be the new island, or one of them. Well, I would give the island a once more over and hope that I found him. If not, maybe I would check there next, see if he had managed to get there first. 

Turn back towards the green, moving through the brush with an increased urgency to my pace. It was some time before I heard him. I sighed with relief, rushing through the land little bit of green that separated us. I could see him through the greens now. “Kerb!” I stumble a bit over a root before regaining my pace and finally get through the jungle greens to wrap him up in a hug. “Apparently I have shitty timing for a reunion.” I say with a small laugh, but I step back and take him in.

Mmm, felt that familiar fire whenever I saw him and had to push it back down. Definitely was not the time...even if I wanted it to be. “Where’s the kids?” A quick look around him. I had assumed he would be well on his way to gathering them all up and moving them someplace else.
    ...and full of terrors.

Messages In This Thread
    I don't take back what I say; KERBEROS - by Roma - 11-01-2018, 05:32 PM