• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I got a right to be this way; LELIANA

I waited for something, and something died
    so I waited for nothing, and nothing arrived

She visibly relaxes when he agrees to her request, small tears forming in the corner of her eyes. “Thank you, Chaol. You have no idea what that means to me.” She ignores the worst of her fears, nestled safe in his side and she reaches out to press her head appreciatively into the strong curve of his neck. “Just knowing that she’ll know I haven’t abandoned her,” her voice breaks on the word. “I just—I couldn’t stand it if she thought that, even for a moment. I need to know that she’s safe. She needs to know it.”

At his worries, she frowns, glancing down at the ground. “Tephra is safe. At least that is what I have been told. You should be able to enter without fear of spreading the disease, even if you are sick.” A soft cry builds in her throat and she buries her head into his neck again. “But you can’t be sick, Chaol. Not because of me.” She knows that leaning against him heavily as she does now will not help his condition but his wing is thrown sturdily over her back now, and there’s not much use in fighting his stubbornness.

So instead she lets it calm her, the weight of it soothing.

“She’s beautiful,” she breathes and then laughs softly, knowing that’s not what she was asking. “She looks like her father,” the words tighten in her throat, the pain of it ripping through her. “She’s part serpentine so she’s covered in scales and has the most gorgeous reptilian eyes. You can’t miss her.” The thought of her daughter chases away the sadness and her face grows soft. “She’ll be the one laughing.”

Adna was always laughing about something.

“My uncle’s name is Magnus. He’s a buckskin that lives within Tephra. Covered in scars and usually one of the first to greet newcomers on the border. You can’t miss him either.” She grows a little more serious when he asks for something to help her know the truth behind the message and she bites her lips to hold back the tears. “Tell her,” she takes a steadying breath, “tell her that her mama misses her very much and that I can’t wait for my heart to tell me about all of the adventures that she’s having out there.”

it's our dearest ally, it's our closest friend
    it's our darkest blackout, it's our final end

[Image: avatar-1975.gif]
    the heaviness in my heart belongs to gravity

Messages In This Thread
    I got a right to be this way; LELIANA - by Chaol - 11-01-2018, 06:11 PM
    RE: I got a right to be this way; LELIANA - by leliana - 11-05-2018, 01:50 AM