• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

take a bullet to the heart just to keep you safe; any
    litotes

There is one thought that Litotes did not consider upon his initial reaction: perhaps this stranger is already sick. Upward and onward, he continues to climb, thin and dark shale crumbling and rolling beneath his ascent. How foolishly he thinks of the sound of the rock more than the fate of the stallion before him. Too late - a feeble wait from the stranger finally processes. The General falters, slowing to the quietest of trots (more prancing in place than pressing forward).

Wind blows uncomfortably over his lifted head and pointed ears. He halts.

Again, words fall on deaf ears. Lie is watching the other attempt to lift himself from the earth before her realizes the warning. The cremello releases a breathe he only now realizes he was holding. Two words (stay back) that stand for two more: I’m sick. He closes his eyes and considers as the sick man’s cough rattles tauntingly in his ears. He knows his duty. It is not that he worries for himself, but that he worries for those he cares for. Even through the sickness, he will follow his orders, but the idea of incapacitating those that Hyaline needs most . . .

Litotes’ indecision is broken by the dual-colored man’s confirmation. His decision is made by the exhausted tone of the stranger.

“That’s okay. You need help more than I need to avoid sickness,” he replies.

Hurriedly, he canters closer, concern furrowing the muscles of his face. As Litotes pulls up next to the stallion, he leans in to offer his shoulder to lean on.

“I don’t know if you are a part of Hyaline, but the herd has moved to Silver Cove. Even if you are not a part of the herd, we welcome refugees. It’s safe there: we have shelter, food, company . . .” he pauses, hesitant, “and a healer.” So far he has been peering ahead, but now he looks imploringly at the pegasus to say, “Please, let me take you there.

i don't want your pity, i just want somebody near me
    guess i'm a coward, i just want to feel all right

@[Leander]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: take a bullet to the heart just to keep you safe; any - by litotes - 11-10-2018, 02:08 AM