• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

take a bullet to the heart just to keep you safe; any
    litotes

Litotes listens, patient and all-too-sure of what Leander’s response will be. He twitches his ears back and forth, over and over again, now uncertain as to whether he will be able to convince him to go. It would not be the end of the world if the two-colored stallion chose to stay; in fact, Lie would not mind knowing someone else hovered in Hyaline (as selfish and repressed that thought may be).

The dark words and laugh made cruel by a cough force a cold smile across Lie’s face. He shakes his head and laughs in response, too loud and mildly desperate sounding. That is something the cremello can understand: self-deprecation. His journey through self-worth and anxiety has been a long one; the somewhat crude humor is something he still relishes. His grin matches the other’s, and when he looks Leander in the eyes he does not mind that he may not go to Silver Cove.

“You owe me nothing - I’m the General of Hyaline. This is my job,” Lie begins, pausing to ponder how it feels to tell a stranger he is the General (it feels weird, not good just yet - mostly scary). “I won’t force you to go to Silver Cove, though I do not believe you can get others sick even if you are.”

He stops again, takes a breathe, “My name is Litotes, by the way. What’s yours? And what brings you to Hyaline?”

i don't want your pity, i just want somebody near me
    guess i'm a coward, i just want to feel all right

@[Leander] no worries!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: take a bullet to the heart just to keep you safe; any - by litotes - 11-23-2018, 12:18 AM