• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hold me in this wild, wild world; all read but reply to newer one
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    The Warrior-King receives the same messages as the rest of them. The same visions and dreams and knowledge. He awakens from the lost time with not an overwhelming fear, for he has faced worse than he believes this is, but he is certainly worried, and very much so. The fine line between worry and fear is one he has walked both sides of, and so he recognizes that they should be treading carefully on it now. Part of treading carefully is knowing there is no time to be lost in preserving the safety of his people, and all of those who fall under his protection.

Here on his own island, surrounded by his main element, he is the most powerful. Even as he opens his honey-brown eyes, he is reaching for those around him, feeling each life-spark, and reassured by the fact that most of them are still at home. It doesn’t feel like he has time to wait for all of them to come to him, so Brennen does something unusual: a blatant display of his new powers, something he is simply not the type to flaunt in times less dire.

Some of them will hear his voice in their minds; some as if he’d spoken out loud. Some might simply know what he said, though they might not know how. The method is unimportant to him, and so he lets the magic choose for itself. “Brothers. Family. Strangers. You all know what has happened.” The bay stallion exhales, heavy with sorrow for the thought of lives that will be lost to this, one way or another. “I will do my best by all of you, but you must give me some time. For now, I’d recommend either staying put on Ischia, or traveling to Tephra. That land is safe, and I believe Kromium and his people will allow us shelter in our time of need.” His last conversation with the iron boy rises to his mind, and gives him confidence that the young king will do the right thing.

“Absolutely do not go wandering around outside of Tephra or Ischia. Don’t speak to strangers. Protect each other above all else.” He conjures up the mental image of his young son Maertin, with only a brief twinge of regret for putting something like this on someone so young; and of Grye, his grandson who is not much older. He shows the boys to anyone paying attention. “If you believe you are sick, find me or one of them. We can help to heal you.” He holds the connections for several moments, to soothe or address any concerns if need be. Then, in something less than words, a little bit of Brennen’s affection for them – for all of them, Brothers new and old, male and female, unknown and known, family and strangers – leaks through, and then he drops the connection, and sets his mind to solving the problems they are facing, one at a time.
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

The Gist
    -Brennen used magic to send a message to everyone who considers Ischia home, is in Ischia, is a Brother, or is his family (basically if you want to have heard him you did)
    -He's planning for the safety of his family/the Brotherhood but he's not got an instant plan
    -He suggests not talking to strangers and going to Tephra for temporary safety if you want to leave the island
    -Brennen, Maertin, and Grye all have healing powers of various strengths so if you're sick we can work on healing or partial healing if you post to one of them and we'll tag the officials
    -Feel free to reply to this with your character receiving the message but they don't have to come find him or reply if they don't want to
    -He loves you all
    Kromium
    Blood is Thicker than Water

He isn't sure what to expect when he exits Tephras borders.  Everything has changed so much that even his direction is different.  But he feels her.  Ischia calls to him in a voice he has heard many times in his life.  As a once prince of the island, he had trailed his mother many times as she spoke with her General.  Brennen had always been so large to him then, and even now during their meeting in Tephra, he had felt small next to the leader of his birth place.

It isn't easy to cross water when you are made of metal, but he does and does so quickly.  His hooves sink into the malleable white sands and for the most part, Ischia looks  as it had the day his family had left.  Water droplets cascade from his slick metallic body as he moves into the land.  The tropical forests were usually quiet and so he treaded lightly.  

Soon he spotted the bay, it wasn't hard to be honest.  His voice rings forth a greeting to the stallion, "Brennen!" It is all he shouts at this distance.  His limbs drawing him nearer to the ruler of the lands with each second, "I heard your call.  How can I be of assistance to you and your family here?"  He stops a respectful distance and dips his head in greeting.  He knew of the changes and the plagued released upon some lands but to what extent he is still unsure.  If sanctuary is what they needed than it was readily available in Tephra no matter who held its leadership...

@[Brennen] and any of Ischia; Krom is here to help if anyone wants IC assistance in getting to Tephra <3
    The black felt as though he had nothing to lose. Lavendel had vanished. He did not know if she carried his seed to term or, where their child might be. The island he called home was being threatened by this plague and, the forest was no more safe. Jesper felt defeated. He was alone with nothing to motivate him. With a heavy sigh, the desert bred stallion resolves to seeking a distraction. Refined limbs shuffle into an easy walk stride. Poll hangs whiskered muzzle low; about the same level of patellas, while tufted lobes flop to the side. Aquamarine gaze is dull and stares blankly ahead as Jesper picks his way through the jungle foliage. As he progresses, with no real destination in mind, the voice of his grandsire resonates within his thinker-box. Brennen speaks of the welcome mat at Tephra's door. He mentions the healing abilities of Grye, Maertin and himself. Lastly, he issues a warning to avoid situations that would increase your risk.

Jesper pauses for a moment as he mulls over his grandfather's address. Brennen's tone clearly bore the love and protection of a father. It is right then that the ebony stallion reminded himself that he still had Brennen. Both could take on this miserable world, together, for the remainder of their forever lives. With that, his muscled haunches push him back into motion. This time, however, he directs himself towards the winged mahogany stallion - his King. Pace remains steady though steed feels more confident and, more determined. It is not long before he finds the Ischian guardian. He lifts his poll, offers a warm smile, and swivels his lobes forward as he approaches. Once in front of Brennen, Jesper extends his muzzle in a greeting. He stretches his plush labrums to gently wiggle along grandsire's thick crest before grandson draws alongside him.

With noone and nowhere else to visit, Jesper feels his place is right here; right alongside his King, to support and serve. Jesper attempts to display the remaining pride in his stature. As Kromium comes into focus, black stallion offers a welcoming nicker. He nods appreciatively as the Tephran ruler extends an offer of help. After Krom finishes, Jesper, too, speaks in an easy tone. "I am willing to help in any way you two see fit. I could rather use the distraction - something useful to do."
    jesper
    carnage x bethanie
    devin's∇designs
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    The first to come is not an Ischian at all, but it is someone he is familiar with. The bay King gives a nod to the metallic stallion, the most he could really expect in a time such as this. He doesn’t smile, but Kromium probably isn’t expecting him to. He does listen intently, and then give something that on any other day under other circumstances might have been a sheepish (if Brennen could do ‘sheepish’) smile; today, it’s just the briefest quirk of his features. “I am sorry to draw you away from your own people,” he says quietly. “I have done done much mind-magic, and my reach is sloppy. But I appreciate you checking in on us.”

Some might have assumed that Kromium was here in this moment of weakness to attempt to gain the upper hand for his own Kingdom, but Brennen does not assume this. Whatever else is going on, he does not think Kromium would damage relations between Ischia and Tephra in this critical time, especially when Tephra is immune. Perhaps tensions would run high later, but…whatever else he is worried about, it’s not about whether he can, if he chooses, fight for Ischia’s right to remain sovereign to itself. “Thank you for your offer of assistance. Those who wish to have a better guarantee of health may come take refuge with your people.” Brennen can protect them from physical threats, but he can only retroactively try to help those who contract the plague.

While they have been speaking, he is aware of the approach of another – his grandson, one of his chosen heirs. He lifts his face to track the younger stallion’s progress, and when he reaches them he returns the physical touch with obvious affection. “Thank you,” he says quietly, words mostly meant for the black prince at his side. “I am not sure yet what exactly our next move will be, but I think it would be good if we gathered everyone together. Jesper, can you go find the twins, and Grye, and others who may find distraction on their way to us?” He knows his grandson will understand what he’s saying – he’ll understand that Brennen is worried about some of their younger friends getting ‘lost’ on the way to the gathering chasing butterflies or some such nonsense. Perhaps some would think he was assigning his heir busywork, but Jesper will know the children are foremost on Brennen’s mind.
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

ooc; hey so I posted a new all post that is more relevant but wanted to give you guys a reply anyway <3