• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  the way you kiss me will work each time // Valdis
    And in the darkened underpass I thought,
    "Oh Satan, my chance has come at last!"

”To get away,” she repeats in a hushed whisper as her eyes – blue like mother’s – scrutinize the naked tree branches towering above. It’s dangerous to be here, but her feet root themselves in front of Rhaegor; if he doesn’t leave, nor will she. Despite the intricacies of their familial ties, and the small wedge applied with father’s return, Valdis still looks at Rhae as her brother. They were all raised together, a small brood overlooking Hyaline. But she realizes how she and Velk would no longer be a high priority. They were Solace’s first-born, but they aren’t prized jewels since Kagerus has stolen mother’s heart. She and Velk will likely fade into the background, no longer love children – just memories of a fleeting summer lust.

If anything, it makes her love for her brother – and father – a bit stronger, even if she doesn’t know what other siblings she has by Castile.
    They are all she has, truly, undeniably.

They cross her mind, albeit briefly, until her observing falls back to Rhaegor. She has replayed in her mind twice already how he nipped father away, but the shock of it stunned her into silence. Even now, standing with him, she isn’t sure what there is to say about it, if anything at all.

A glimmer of a smile touches her lips when she notices her brother adopt his own blanket of sunlight, a near replica of her aura. A brow lifts, smug in its manner. ”I wonder, if combined, what our powers could do in this world.” Burn the decaying trees. Blind those they face. They could easily enough wreak havoc, but the idea comes and goes as he admits a quiet fear. For days, Valdis has desperately tried to conceal the unnerving concern of this new, plagued world, but her wall crumbles in the face of his confession. ”I don’t know,” she shrugs, slowly blinking, ”Velk went to the cove with everyone else, but part of me doesn’t want to run away. Perhaps there are opportunities in this,” her eyes lift to his solemnly, ”but, we have options. Either stay in the infected lands, go to the cove, or supposedly my dad went to a northern island. He said he will be back. I believe him.” Because he did eventually come back to them, even if he missed their childhood.

Valdis, having tried not to react suddenly to Rhaegor’s cough, lifts her chin now, stubbornly. ”You’re sick, aren’t you?” Her wings flutter against her sides as she debates her next move. It’s only them here; their twins aren’t even in the forest with them. They are alone. ”You never cough,” her eyes narrow thoughtfully, but there remains a tenderness in her expression as she releases a breath she didn’t know was being held. ”I won’t abandon you.”

VALDIS
    But then a strange fear gripped me and I just couldn't ask.

@[Rhaegor]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the way you kiss me will work each time // Valdis - by Valdis - 11-07-2018, 11:30 AM