• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  and in my dreams i've kissed your lips a thousand times // Yidhra

A lifetime ago she wielded the earth, powers of life and death: of nature in its most raw forms… she’d been quartz and rock, soil, and vine- she’d been the Primordium, and they had bowed to vision and word. Yet these hundreds of years have stripped her of that, they have blackened and devoured pieces of her and left only whispers of a power long lost and gone: of a world that had fallen to chaos, to the bottom of the sea. Her mind recalls the names: Desreal, the Summerlands, Ni’srilan, Jaeger Reef… Ersatz, and in these names she recalls autumnal leaves and summer wind, wild sand storms, and all the murk and gloam of ancient swamps and jungles.

She cannot show these things to her, not display the fate and the fall: not warn this strange woman of all the vast similarities; but she can answer, and she lurches forward through the rocks and algae and ice of the cove… across wet sand and gravel-ridden ground. For a moment she sees the remains of broken shells and bones, her teal eyes narrowing as she reaches a single appendage down and curls the paddle shaped tip and it’s barbed suction cups around a sand dollar.

Studying and quiet, she mires at the patterns and dried flesh, at the dead creature and its frozen remains… but Kagerus has her attention, an ear flicking and her body turned as she slithers forward towards the earthly spirit and the platform she seeks to take. Amused by the nature of the creature crawling around her legs, by the shape she holds: she very suddenly bends and reshapes the tendrils of her mouth into a nose and lips, into the mockery of a grin.

“Kraken… yes, Abyssal also works.” she chatters the beak as she speaks, laughs in a watery and sultry purr before continuing. “Authority has not existed in Pangea for some time, it was left to chaos and ruin: to the bottom of the ocean. As I understand it… it slumbered until Beqanna woke it up, the people opted to bring it back.” she pauses, and shifts her weight, her head twisting as she stretches the length of her neck. “And people yet again went to it, killed on its sands and shores: in it’s vast crevices. Only three tried to stop it, therefore we are all responsible for this.” she is mastered in this logic, in this mentality.

Yidhra furrows her brows, narrows her eyes and allows the barbell shapes irises to become little more than slits of black. Across her neck the tendrils writhe and the lengthier ones on her shoulder reach up to shatter the sand dollar and drop it before her feet. “You see me as a threat to your rule.” she is blunt, swift, and unapologetic, her posture rising and height growing some inches as she pushes herself up to full stature.

“That is wholly amusing; but calm that part of your mind, I do not care for ruling to such a degree. Queen was never my title, never my claim: I am simply the overseer of Pangea and its residents, the Martinet. Let the Sanctuary remain the ruling Kingdom, so be it; but you ask something very interesting.” she pauses, shaking her head softly. “You want us to work together; but you ask that I bend my knee in service of you. That is not together, that is imbalance and obedience disguised as kind words and hidden in an uneasy smile.” she peers at Kagerus, harsh and severe: the whole of her body remaining at a distance; but close enough to allow the other mare to see the countless scars and marks on her porous skin.

She tilts her head, considering many things. “My name is Yidhra,” she states though the pronunciation is ancient and unfamiliar to Beqanna… Yee tho rah. “Just so that we’re formally introduced, it was rude of me not to give my name.” shrug and purr.

“I propose that Pangea remains its own land, allied to the cove and to Hyaline… in return you too will make the same alliances. Pangea will be free to rule and function as is necessary and as I will it, unbound by your traditions and practices… and because you are not stupid, I will tell you why. To travel to the Cove you must either march through Hyaline or Pangea- and more so Pangea than Hyaline, this means technically speaking we are border- your safety net if people decide to march upon the whole of the Sanctuary. I want your Sanctuary to flourish; but I will need forces to ensure protection- after all… Loess and Sylva were going to war, what stops anyone else in the wake of the chaos caused by this plague.” she stops for her breath, and suddenly wanders closer, walks to Kagerus.

Closer she draws until she feels distance is appropriate, and then she stops: allowing the tendrils on her shoulders to cross over her own chest. “In times of War, we will fight: consider us border guards; but be assured I was not lying. Pangea is the cause of this sickness, Carnage and the actions of Beqanna’s people… that means Pangea holds the source and best place to look for a cure- yes, cure. Not just treatment, but a solution, an inoculation. The problem is that to solve it, I need bodies- I need allies and I need to do what I must: dangerous logic, I know.” she shrugs, halfhearted and heavy.

Part of her considers the finality, the closing and she exposes her beak through the tentacles: the blood dripping down.

“My plans are simple: I build a guard force to secure the area first, that way no chaos can arise further and from there I can begin contacting the mages and those who have history in their background to come in and begin research and work. Structure and order, a union of those who wish to wear the mantle and burden of the sickness… all to find the cure. I will not lie when I say that it may sound vague, but, for now that is what need be done. Otherwise Carnage’s cultists and those who seek to sow chaos will rise and I will be chased away… no cure.” calm, and austere she swivels her ears back.

“I am already infected, no- I cannot die; but others can. I have to help.” the latter is quiet, perhaps guilty; but no matter what, it is always severe.   

Yidhra

@[Kagerus]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: and in my dreams i've kissed your lips a thousand times // Yidhra - by Yidhra - 11-02-2018, 03:24 AM