• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Glaciers melting in the dead of night

Leilan
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night
    and the superstars sucked into the supermassive
    He was probably always better to find than her, he supposed. No, wait that’s not true - he has been better to find than her since that one quest from the golden goddess. But Breckin never knew him any other way - and perhaps he is indeed a beacon, in the light, or at least right now.

Never mind that though - she knows to home in on him (either by his anxious face or just her own anxiety). He nearly pushes her off balance, managing only by the strong counterforce of her hug, to steady.

She’d said something.

He’d jinxed it, hadn’t he? Thinking of children and wondering if Icicle Isle was save for the young. But, she must be joking - no, she couldn’t have known. But - what - wait - that meant

It’s the worst timing in the world. He almost wants to tell her no, this can’t be but swallows it just in time because that’s not what she wants to hear, or needs to. Surely she’s had her own troubled thoughts about this already. Lovely Breckin, she has a kingdom to lead - people looking up to her for safety when all she’d likely want to do is hide away. Oh, and blame him of course. He’d done this to her.

Yet, she’s not angry. Puzzled, her other words register. Sorry she’s been short-tempered?

That’s putting it mildly, as is his exaggerated opinion. He moves, finally (had been stunned up until this point and held his breath) and hugs her back. Blinking against the weird reality of it all. A magic Plague. A shift of lands. She’s pregnant. Not that he minds being a father, especially not to her kids - oh, but it’s the first time. For both if them, because, he’d not known about any of the others before they had already been born. Missed this whole part, whatever it was exactly. But it’s her first, too, at least that she knows of. Pregnant. A baby. Hers would be the very cutest in the world no doubt. And she’d do great. ”You’re gonna be great.” He said that aloud. Hmm. Doesn’t matter because it’s true.

He sighs a little, fussing with her mane like the world and the plague just don’t exist for a moment. Then nudges her shoulder. ”At least we finally know what has gotten into you lately.”

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

@[Breckin] I did that. :|
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night - by Leilan - 11-02-2018, 03:33 PM
    RE: Glaciers melting in the dead of night - by Leilan - 11-06-2018, 12:57 PM