• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Glaciers melting in the dead of night
    You’re gonna be great.

It should be nice to hear, but his attempt at reassuring only brings the doubt she carries to rise to her fore thoughts.  She hasn’t fully had time to worry about it yet, to even allow herself the time to process the situation in her own way or its implications or the difficulties bringing a child into a Plagued world would cause.  Surely something like this should bring happiness (or more likely in her case anger at first), and perhaps normally it would have in a different situation, but there’s only a resolute sadness that she feels now.  Even as he holds her and works at the tangled strands of her mane there is sadness;  a sadness that she feels briefly for how discovering her pregnancy should have gone and for how she would have reacted and for how he might have reacted to the news and her attitude.  And a sadness for how her anger would surely, slowly fade to an excitement that she might try and ultimately fail to conceal from the rest of the world.  But the only shift of emotions she can actually develop is the sadness that ultimately gives way to a logical based indifference.   But this attitude of indifference is not her usual mannerism, especially not in private moments like this that she shares with Leilan.  He might notice it, the obvious lack of emotions right now, but it’s her way of coping and to keep some semblance of sanity for the people she leads.

And ultimately, there could be no going back from this, no changing things, and they would just have to deal with this uncharted territory together.

She’s the one to break their embrace, taking a step backwards and managing a small smile when he meets with her eyes,  “I reserve the right to be angry about this later.”

As quickly as the grin was there it’s gone again with the next exhale of breath.  “I need to gather the ones that are still here and address them.  Heartfire has already gone to Icicle Isle and shown me images of another trying to claim the land, but I think it might be best to keep that area open and accessible as a safe land for our kingdom if they desire to go there.  I plan to stay here however, and try to find a way to keep Nerine as safe as possible for those that don’t wish to leave.”   Pausing briefly, her dark brown gaze drifts towards the newly risen island before looking back to him, “Do you have interest in going there to make sure things are going well?”

@[Leilan]

Messages In This Thread
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night - by Leilan - 11-02-2018, 03:33 PM
    RE: Glaciers melting in the dead of night - by Breckin - 11-12-2018, 01:13 PM