• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    [open]  i'll burn it down; Rey & Any
    The swim to Icicle Isle had been taxing; she'd never been much of a graceful swimmer to begin with and she could practically see Ivar's face smug smile taunting her as she cursed her lacking skills.  But she took advantage of it, turning  it into fuel to feed the small kindling of stubbornness she still held.  She'd make it to that bloody fucking island even if it would nearly drown her.

It's not done prettily, but she makes it to the freezing shoreline all the same.  Practically dragging herself up the gentle slope of the water's edge her heated sides work feverishly to compensate for the exertion and her dark eyes scan the area around her, attempting to gain some type of desperate bearings.  The harsh winds shift around her, picking up the drenched mess of a mane that had been clinging to her neck, and it carries the scent of those both familiar and unknown.  The tentative plan had been to call the ones that had called Nerine home to her, so that she could update them on the merging kingdoms and the agreement with Brennen.  But the scent of the bay pegasus is one of the few she could recognize, having only just been in his company so recently.

Without an announcement after all, her curiosity finds ground and her pale brows knit together inquisitively as she moves upwind.  Breckin finds the gathering quickly enough, increasing her pace when draws closer, recognizing the expressions of the ones she knew as nothing short of straining tension.  Leilan, Heartfire, Castile...she loved and admired them all dearly in their own way, regardless of what they even actually thought of her, but they were all passionate and quick tempered in their own way also, and that's reason enough to motivate her protesting body.

Her gaze briskly glances over at the other party of unknowns, wondering what their purpose was, also noticing that the pale green mare whose image Heartfire had sent was not amongst them.  Despite the rapidness in which she nearly closes the distance, she's not close enough to make out any of the conversation, not before the ground beneath her groans and pitches, the misstep causing her balance to falter.  She stumbles, but catches herself, and raises her head in time to watch awestruck as a plume of frozen earth and dust rises and shatters.  The blast knocks her near senseless within a second, but the strength of will and defiance of instinct has her running into the consuming smoke.  The leopard mare aims for the ones she knows first, targeting her telekinetic abilities to catch and parry the largest of the stone fragments that threatened to rain down on those she cared for.  The ringing of the blast in her ears intensifies with the mental exertion, willing to take the hits of rock as they land blindly on top her in favor of using her powers to protect the others. 

She's only mildly aware of the other grouping, but still, she uses the strands of her telekinesis to try to divert the debris that threatens to fall over them, though it is weaker then the force she uses to shield her own family.  The strain begins to take its toll, she cannot keep her hold for much longer, and the exhaustion she had fought off so fiercely bears down upon her.  Gravity becomes too difficult to resist, and her legs buckle beneath her.  Using what's left of her failing strength she makes one final plea before her vision starts to blur.

"Brennen, get them out of here.  All of them.  Please!"   I'll be fine, she means to say that last part out loud, but the words never escape her lips as the world darkens around her.

OOC: So she decided to come see how things were going on icicle isle and now she's trying to protect everyone from falling rubble by deflecting the debris with her telekinesis and asking @[Brennen] to get whoever is still there to safety if he can, meaning everyone involved in this thread.  She doesn't care where he sends them, if he even does or can, she just wants them moved *somewhere* out of the way.  And then she passes out. Big Grin also I did this at work so forgive anything that doesn't make sense. it's entirely up to Brennen if he can actually do it or want to, and then whether it effects everyone's characters is up to them also. This is just what silly Breckin was trying to do. Tongue

Messages In This Thread
    i'll burn it down; Rey & Any - by Phasus - 11-02-2018, 09:39 PM
    RE: i'll burn it down; Rey & Any - by Oxytocin - 11-03-2018, 12:08 AM
    RE: i'll burn it down; Rey & Any - by bruise - 11-03-2018, 12:52 AM
    RE: i'll burn it down; Rey & Any - by Leilan - 11-03-2018, 04:07 AM
    RE: i'll burn it down; Rey & Any - by Castile - 11-03-2018, 09:57 AM
    RE: i'll burn it down; Rey & Any - by Phasus - 11-03-2018, 12:55 PM
    RE: i'll burn it down; Rey & Any - by Oxytocin - 11-03-2018, 10:43 PM
    RE: i'll burn it down; Rey & Any - by bruise - 11-04-2018, 01:17 AM
    RE: i'll burn it down; Rey & Any - by Briella - 11-04-2018, 01:48 AM
    RE: i'll burn it down; Rey & Any - by Leilan - 11-04-2018, 07:23 AM
    RE: i'll burn it down; Rey & Any - by Rey - 11-04-2018, 12:37 PM