• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    (claim, also) Glaciers melting in the dead of night, any

Leilan
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night
    and the superstars sucked into the supermassive
    The moment he’d put his foot down last night, he’d been decided. Interesting, the way that worked. The way he worked, probably, also. But then what? They’d been talking to Camomila, who seemed to be more interested in leading than in actually owning the place and calling it a kingdom than the others. They could probably work something out... he’d think and hope so at least. He wasn’t quite sure about the other refugees but, whatever happened, his intentions got clearer by the second (to himself, also).

To be honest, he remembers telling Arthas ‘ruling sucks’ a number of times, and perhaps it would indeed. But didn’t that maybe make him more capable? Not letting the power get to his head? Maybe it didn’t though, maybe he’d totally suck at it.

His eyes scan the vast icy plain for a while, looking for someone. More refugees will come, and perhaps more challengers, too, but he’s too damn stubborn to give it up now.

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

@[Camomila] Wanna talk about it? Any others, also welcome, I don’t mind.
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |
    Ardashir
    The world had gone mad it seemed and at the worst time. The snow had started to fall and foals had been on the ground only a couple of months now. The earth of beqanna itself even quaked with the chances. There were shouts of panic of where to run, where to hide for safety. It seemed that new lands had roared up from the sea and one of them in the north of the newly shaped beqanna. Icicle isle a land covered in snow and seemingly so unwelcome to those who had fled to its shore. The winter season had taken hold here and was likely not to lets its claws be pried back by anything season, or magic.

The group that came here was in a panic but slowly starting to calm down. The cold of this new place tickled the nostrils not only with its breath stealing menace but, also those foreign smells of a strange new land that should be respected.

Ardashir had made his way to this new land at requests from multiple sides. There might have also been a little bit of his own curiosity that helped his feet move. He was worried for Nerine and for Nalia. He was not one to panic though and knew that those who wanted safety from this ‘plague’ would surely come to these safe zones. Ardashir was not the first to walk on the shores of this land and surely he would not be the last to stumble in.
    The scents of others came on the cold wind but, Ardashir followed only one strong scent. The scent of scales and a mixture of the spotted queen.

He came to where the gold flecked stallion Leilan had landed and offered a nod in greeting. The white stallion leaving room between them as he looked around some. The stag was not sure he wanted to break the silence that hung in the air around the two of them at the moment.

The blue in an ocean of gray..
    You’ve mistaken the stars reflected on the surface of the lake at night for the heavens.
    She had learned a lot from her run-in with Nerine residents, so there was a lot on her mind. Nerine is in trouble; an illness of some kind was spreading across Beqanna, making the Kingdoms move to places she assumed haven’t been infected yet. And the isle was where Nerine wanted to move for safety. That must mean the isle was a haven. Perhaps that meant it hasn’t been touched by the illness yet. If she stayed, then she was safe.

However, the residents of Nerine needed the land the most. She wanted to help, yet, she had no magic. She couldn’t heal the sick, she couldn’t banish the illness from the land so it could no longer make others suffer. But she didn’t know how. The only way she knew she may be able to help is if she claims the land and gives them the safety and protection they need. That wouldn’t be much different from them owning the land themselves, though. Who owned it didn’t matter. If it was theirs, they could come and go as they please. If it becomes hers, she would allow them in anyway. 

She sighed, shaking her head gently at herself. 

Camomila wanted the land a lot more than she had realized. And since it didn’t matter who owned it, there was nothing wrong with her claiming it. She would be taking nothing from Nerine. In fact, she wouldn’t be making much of a difference. The only real difference is that she was new and they didn’t trust her. How was she supposed to prove that she was no threat? That her intentions were pure? 

That thought was broken when she saw two horses up ahead. Both stallions, she could see as she neared. And one of them she had seen before. The red roan with scales and golden streaks in his hair; very memorable. 

Putting on a friendly smile, she greeted the two, “Hello.” But this was not an attempt to make friends or be social, that could wait. There was much to discuss between her and the red roan.

@[Leilan] Let’s talk :3
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    But
    Leilan
    Memorable, that was one word to describe him most certainly. Not just on the outside though, he’d have told her any time. If they had been friends longer than the day. Though, on the other hand, she would know by then.

He’d been memorable before gaining any of the more flashy looks, most certainly. Although a regular silver bay roan might still stand out, one might reason; but perhaps even more when they got to know him. But these times had been serious for some time now. Getting grim, even, with those newcomers talking abuot throwing out the sick ones.

Cowards, all of them.

At the approach of the giant white, Leilan nods, silent for a moment. Then though, he finds an opening. ”Well Ard, I suppose you’ll be able to hide better in here than in Nerine.” he says with a crooked smile, referencing the day they met and discussed how easily the big white was spotted in the dark grey landscape of Nerine.

Before there is a reply however, he spots a movement of green, easily noticed in this tundra. He nods to Camomila. ”Good morning. It seems we had some visitors last night who’d thought to claim the place also, so I already told them they were the third to do so.” he tells her, rather neutrally, but it is nothing but the truth.

”So that leaves me, and with me surely Nerine, with the question what you want to do about it. One of them immediately started about refusing the sick ones entry,” his face darkens at that idea and he stares at the first-claimer, ”so it will depend on you now, I think, how leadership must be decided.” Because to him, there is only one good answer.

Either she can take the proposal Heartfire had mentioned - or he’d do his very best to kick out both this Camomila and the horses that thought they could get away with such mindless, panic-or-Carnage-influenced, ideas.

At this stage, the world is black or white.

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

@[Ardashir] @[Camomila]
    |
    Ardashir
    Turned his ear to the other stallion a moment and chuckled. “I told you that there were lands so far north that the snow covered them year round. I am sure I could but, hiding is not in the cards at the moment for any of us that have come here.” He made sure his reply was short as another joined them soon enough. A mare with mint hues in her appaloosa coat.

Ardashir stood silent and bowed his head a moment to the mare. He did not offer his voice though as the roan stallion would start to talk. He listened and just took it all in for the moment. So, this island was becoming quite popular indeed. The subject of helping those affected by the plague came up and he listened with a bit more intensity. There seemed to be sturings of mistrust about those that seemed to affected already. He was like a ghost as he stood listening.
    The blue in an ocean of gray..

@[Leilan] @[Camomila]
    [is poo but its up]
    You’ve mistaken the stars reflected on the surface of the lake at night for the heavens.
    He wasted no time getting straight to the point.

Her ears shifted when he mentions that there were others, ones who wanted to keep the sick from entering the isle, and another mare flashed in her mind. Her eyes darkened a little as well as she recalled the mare that had approached her the night before, claiming that separating the ill from everyone else was the best course of action, and though Camomila humored her theories to gain more information, Camomila decided to go with her conscience. And it told her the mare couldn’t be trusted. After being a ruler, one either learns whether their intuition was good enough to listen to or wrong enough to disregard when making decisions for a Kingdom. Hers was good enough to listen to, and it has yet to fail her.

“I believe I have met one of these horses you speak of. It was a mare who seemed to be distressed and tried convincing me that she would give me the isle if I would back her claim,” she explained. “But banishing the sick is not the best thing to do, for anyone. They need help, not abandonment,” she stopped for a moment as she recalled a different mare, one whose bones were jutting from the skin because of this illness going around, one that was expecting a foal. It caused her pain just to think that something should happen to that mare and all of those like her, ill, weak, and in dire need of help. 

The darkness in her eyes faded as she looked at Leilan, determination and purpose burning like a brilliant flame. “I wish to take Nerine’s offer. I will rule this land, and I accept doing it alongside a co-ruler. All I ask is that we be of equal status and authority. I wish to be equals in every way,” she paused to briefly glance at the white stallion with softening eyes, then she added, “I’m sick and tired of being the way I am. I want to help those in your Kingdom, and I need the power to do so.”

Her words had more meaning than the stallions may realize. Power of authority was not the only power she desired; being ruler still didn’t allow her to heal the sick. Her icy eyes glanced away and off into the distance where a mountain towered. She refused to stay powerless, and she planned on changing that.

@[Leilan] @[Ardashire] Ugh...this isn’t so good. I couldn’t come up with anything better for her to say Dx
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Leilan
    Nerine is the place of the bold and daring, but even the bold an daring seem happy to flock under a slightly softer queen. Then go to lengths to keep her safe.

This had been the case for longer than some Amazon-residuals would like to admit. Hedtianhad had that strong image, and his mother, and Wishbone, and even Breckin. But they al had softer parts about them. On the inside.
    Like most Nerinians probably. Like him.

Camomila is a relief. His headache about Phasus (or Heartfire’s explosion that briefly killed him yesterday) slowly subsiding, he listens to her intently, and looks at her to pick up the details of her body language.

Camomila is one of them. The soft-on-the-inside ones. Her hard-shell-exterior, if she wanted one, could use some work (like Breckin all those years ago). But it was there, when one poked hard enough. She didn’t trust Phasus as he didn’t, either.

Her request to have actual power makes him smile. If only she knew. ”I’ve had my fair share of meaningless titles, so I won’t be inclined to give anyone else some. Nerine can offer it’s protection for your loyalty; what else you want to do, as long as it doesn’t harm Nerine’s residents or reputation amongst her allies, is yours to choose. If that’s acceptable to you, I think we have a deal. On the source of power...” he sees her eyes drift to the Mountain, and nods in it’s direction. ”Ask only politely. They can be fickle - I’ve experienced that first-hand.” he advises. Looking from her to Ardashir briefly and back, he nods to her. ”If you want to talk to Breckin about this too, I’ll see if she is available, but she recently crossed back and forth through the icy water, so if some time later is acceptable, I think that would be more convenient for her.” She’s with child, too, after all - also stubborn enough not to want to leave Nerine, but he doesn’t want to force Cam into crossing since she might get infected. If need be, he (or another brave Nerinian) will act as a messenger.

”Now let’s put our focus on the other claimers... I feel like that’s a bigger problem.”

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

@[Ardashir] @[Camomila]
    You don’t have to reply per say, I think. With the Set claim also, let’s see what happens there.
    |
    When it came to the island of Ischia, Nalia had a good advantage in getting to the isle without having to wait for the tide to recede and the sandbars to appear. But here, with this new place, she hadn't seen anything of the like during her first day of observation. The tide was low enough to begin with, but the sandbars weren't as prominent, meaning that any horse who tried to cross would have to endure at least knee-deep water most of the time.

Then again, Nalia wasn't about to do so, not when she had her wings. The filly, already a bit tired from what was going on in Beqanna, was thankful that the distance between Nerine and Isicle Isle was much smaller than the distance Ischia was from the mainland, having taken that flight a few times before and feeling very tired afterwards. In this case, she reached Isicle Isle within a few hours. It could've been shorter if she'd gone to the northern-most part of Nerine and cross the ocean, but she'd heard that the north part of the Isle was in a perpetual state of winter. It was already pretty cold here, considering she lived near the ocean, and she'd been in the snow enough for the time being.

So, instead, Nalia took to the skies and flew for the south part of the isle, eager to see what lay in store. She flew close to the ground to get a lay of the land, but also to see what the ground was like without getting extremely close in case there was danger. The terrain looked quite a bit rockier than she was used to, like the north part of Nerine where the mountains faded and the sand dunes took over just before the ocean by the caves. Opposed to the north part of the isle, the south, while still cold and having traces of snow, was nowhere near as bad as the north, something Nalia appreciated since she could do without the frigid temperatures for a little while.

Of course, having her winter coat and wings to keep her warm helped, but it didn't remedy all problems.

Down below, a number of yards from her current spot, Nalia spotted a small group of horses, wondering if perhaps she would recognize any. When she got closer, she noticed one of them had a bright white coat, and given his larger size compared to the two, Nalia wondered if it was Ardashir, who she heard had come to the Isle on behalf of Nerine, like Leilan.

Apparently, they'd both come here since there were disputes about who would end up taking ownership of the island territory. Nalia figured it made the most sense to let it be a sub-portion of Nerine, since they were close together and one would have to pass through Nerine to make the shortest trip to the Isle without wings, but it seemed there was more politics involved in this than the young filly understood.

How could she? She'd grown up outside of this place, and had never held a position of leadership. Among her small gang, one of the colts was the 'leader' until the older stallion joined as a bachelor. After he left, the same colt, plus one of the others, became co-leaders, making most of the decisions on behalf of the group since they were a year older and were trusted for their 'greater knowledge' on how to survive.

Nalia had questioned their methods a number of times, but she didn't know how to survive on her own yet, without at least a friend, so she'd leaned on them. Now, as a grown mare, she was learning the ways, and some of the politics in running a kingdom and claiming a new one.

Would this situation evolve into a fued? Would it lead to a war for parties trying to fight for the territory, to a blood bath all for the sake of power? She sincerely hoped not.

Nalia flew past the group of three horses, thinking about leaving them alone and continuing on her way, but decided to check and see if perhaps it was Ardashir, thinking somehow she could provide assistance while she was here on the Isle. Tucking her wings, the filly dove to the ground, opening her wings up again a few yards from landing to slow her descent. Stretching her legs to catch her stride, the filly landed in a canter before coming to a stop, giving her head and neck a good shake while flapping her wings once to get rid of the slight layer of frost that had built up while flying among the frigid winter clouds.

Sure enough, the horse with the white coat, as she suspected, was Ardashir. Another stallion was there, the familiar silver roan form of Leilan sticking out clear against the white snow. The third horse was a filly around Nalia's age, with a green coat like the mint leaves Nalia discovered during her travels prior to Beqanna, white points, a blanket of white over her hindquarters mixed with the mint green, and a wavy purple and green mane and matching tail.

She was unfamiliar with the filly, but seeing Leilan and Ardashir helped Nalia relaxed; at least there were some horses here she knew. Nalia arrived at the tail end of the conversation, just in time to hear Leilan state that the horses had to discuss, per say, the elephant in the room.

Nalia called to them as she approached, not wanting to startle them, "Seems I'm not the only one to want to see this new place," she stopped when she reached Ardashir's side. "What kind of problem are we dealing with? What can I do to help benefit Nerine and those who need shelter?"

@[Leilan] @[Ardashir] @[Camomila]