• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    (claim, also) Glaciers melting in the dead of night, any
    He wasted no time getting straight to the point.

Her ears shifted when he mentions that there were others, ones who wanted to keep the sick from entering the isle, and another mare flashed in her mind. Her eyes darkened a little as well as she recalled the mare that had approached her the night before, claiming that separating the ill from everyone else was the best course of action, and though Camomila humored her theories to gain more information, Camomila decided to go with her conscience. And it told her the mare couldn’t be trusted. After being a ruler, one either learns whether their intuition was good enough to listen to or wrong enough to disregard when making decisions for a Kingdom. Hers was good enough to listen to, and it has yet to fail her.

“I believe I have met one of these horses you speak of. It was a mare who seemed to be distressed and tried convincing me that she would give me the isle if I would back her claim,” she explained. “But banishing the sick is not the best thing to do, for anyone. They need help, not abandonment,” she stopped for a moment as she recalled a different mare, one whose bones were jutting from the skin because of this illness going around, one that was expecting a foal. It caused her pain just to think that something should happen to that mare and all of those like her, ill, weak, and in dire need of help. 

The darkness in her eyes faded as she looked at Leilan, determination and purpose burning like a brilliant flame. “I wish to take Nerine’s offer. I will rule this land, and I accept doing it alongside a co-ruler. All I ask is that we be of equal status and authority. I wish to be equals in every way,” she paused to briefly glance at the white stallion with softening eyes, then she added, “I’m sick and tired of being the way I am. I want to help those in your Kingdom, and I need the power to do so.”

Her words had more meaning than the stallions may realize. Power of authority was not the only power she desired; being ruler still didn’t allow her to heal the sick. Her icy eyes glanced away and off into the distance where a mountain towered. She refused to stay powerless, and she planned on changing that.

@[Leilan] @[Ardashire] Ugh...this isn’t so good. I couldn’t come up with anything better for her to say Dx
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Messages In This Thread
    RE: (claim, also) Glaciers melting in the dead of night, any - by Camomila - 11-06-2018, 08:51 AM