• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    (claim, also) Glaciers melting in the dead of night, any

Leilan
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night
    and the superstars sucked into the supermassive
    Nerine is the place of the bold and daring, but even the bold an daring seem happy to flock under a slightly softer queen. Then go to lengths to keep her safe.

This had been the case for longer than some Amazon-residuals would like to admit. Hedtianhad had that strong image, and his mother, and Wishbone, and even Breckin. But they al had softer parts about them. On the inside.
    Like most Nerinians probably. Like him.

Camomila is a relief. His headache about Phasus (or Heartfire’s explosion that briefly killed him yesterday) slowly subsiding, he listens to her intently, and looks at her to pick up the details of her body language.

Camomila is one of them. The soft-on-the-inside ones. Her hard-shell-exterior, if she wanted one, could use some work (like Breckin all those years ago). But it was there, when one poked hard enough. She didn’t trust Phasus as he didn’t, either.

Her request to have actual power makes him smile. If only she knew. ”I’ve had my fair share of meaningless titles, so I won’t be inclined to give anyone else some. Nerine can offer it’s protection for your loyalty; what else you want to do, as long as it doesn’t harm Nerine’s residents or reputation amongst her allies, is yours to choose. If that’s acceptable to you, I think we have a deal. On the source of power...” he sees her eyes drift to the Mountain, and nods in it’s direction. ”Ask only politely. They can be fickle - I’ve experienced that first-hand.” he advises. Looking from her to Ardashir briefly and back, he nods to her. ”If you want to talk to Breckin about this too, I’ll see if she is available, but she recently crossed back and forth through the icy water, so if some time later is acceptable, I think that would be more convenient for her.” She’s with child, too, after all - also stubborn enough not to want to leave Nerine, but he doesn’t want to force Cam into crossing since she might get infected. If need be, he (or another brave Nerinian) will act as a messenger.

”Now let’s put our focus on the other claimers... I feel like that’s a bigger problem.”

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

@[Ardashir] @[Camomila]
    You don’t have to reply per say, I think. With the Set claim also, let’s see what happens there.
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: (claim, also) Glaciers melting in the dead of night, any - by Leilan - 11-07-2018, 05:21 AM