• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Seize the day, Symba

-a quote goes here-

The black mare made her way through the forest slowly. She wasn't sure if her adopted son would like it here though. She looked back to see if the buckskin colt was still behind her. She didn't want him to get himself lost in these woods. She gave Symba a small smile and said "This is one of the places I call home. The other is a place called Hyaline. I hope you like it here in these lands."

*Rhynne

@[Symba]
    Symba lightly trots behind her to keep up. He looks around with wide eyes and his ears perked. “Wow...” he says softly as he follows behind her. He looks to her. “H-hyaline...” he mumbles, testing the word out. Once they stop for a bit, he immediately goes and suckles from her for a bit.

He smacks his lips and walks backwards, backing up from under her. He loses his balance and falls backwards and rolls. He looks over to Rhynne confused as to what just happened. He tilts his head and struggles to get up until she help nudges him up.
    Rhynne gave the boy a smile and when he had looked around the forest. She said "I will take you to Hyaline next. I hope you will like it there also." She let Symba nurse and noticed that when he was done he fell backwards. She hurried over to him and nudges at his side to help him up. When she was done she said "Its okay Symba. It will get better I promise as you grow."

The past can hurt. But the way I see it,
    you can either run from it or learn from it.

The colt looks over to her and snuggles into her side. His teeth chatter as he shivers against her. “I’m cold...” he says, sniffling softly. He knows he needs to keep moving so they don’t get caught up in one place. He has heard of this thing called the plague, but he doesn’t know what it is, but all he knows is that Rhynne keeps moving them forward. 

Little Symba fights the winter wind, that is so easily pushing against his little frail body. Symba lets out a small whinny of fright. “I can’t...walk through this,” he says between his chattering teeth. Rhynne comes over to his side to protect him from the wind and give him some warmth as they keep going on their journey. 

SYMBA

@Rhynne

-a quote goes here-

The red blazed mare was afraid that if they would be infected by the plague. She looked around to find some shelter from the cold. When Rhynne found a spot in the brush she nudged Symba towards the place. The black mare said "Get into the brush there. It will keep you out of the wind." Rhynne would wait until the wind died down before they set back out on their journey. She said "Rest and when you wake we will continue on."

*Rhynne

@[Symba]

Symba looks over and pushes through the brush to find a spot to lay down. He lays there and sighs softly, resting his head over his legs. He shivers softly and tries to get comfortable. He falls asleep for a while, his little body shivering.

About an hour or so later, he gets up and gets caught between the branches. He lets out a fearful whinny. "H-help!" He calls out, panicked. He tugs and flails and tugs and flails, but to no extent. He finally manages to get out and he is all scraped up and he cuddles close to Rhynne's body. "M-mama.." he snuggles against her and lets out a deep sigh, relaxing.

SYMBA

@Rhynne

-a quote goes here-

Rhynne kept a look out while Symba slept. An hour had passed before she heard the rustle of the brush. She rushed to Symba when she heard his whinny. When he finally escaped the brush and snuggled up to her she sighed in relief. The black mare nuzzled her new son as he called her mama. She said "I'm sorry my sweet boy. Once we reach our other home there would be no more sleeping in the brush." She almost sent him a memory of Hyaline through her telepathic ability but decided against it.

*Rhynne

@[Symba]

Symba nods softly as branches and thorns are still stuck in his small mane and tail. He nickers softly as he begins to nurse. A while later he finishes and soon they're back off to continue to Hyaline. "Are we there yet?" He asks, almost like a pestering child. "When will we be there?" he keeps asking, relentlessly.

It takes a few more hours for them to keep going to Hyaline, but once they do, Symba begins to prance and dance. He jumps around Rhynne happily that they have finally arrived. He lets out a few big bucks. He had no idea he could do that. He slips in the snow and falls on his back. He jumps up and dances again as the snow is now covering his buckskin coat.

SYMBA

@Rhynne