• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
    i'll burn it down; Camomila
    She stayed until she found herself standing under the cloak of night. Camomila found that there was something unique about the isle that she had not been aware of until now. At first glance, there was nothing but snow and ice in the north, an empty tundra. It was like a world with no color. Until now.

The isle showed its true and hidden beauty once the dark curtains fall. Lights danced in the sky, flowing like the elegant slither of a snake. A beautiful blue hue shone on the white land, enveloping it in a glow that added more mystery. She watched the dancing light with amazement, unmoving, seemingly enchanted. The more she stayed on the isle she more she came to love it. 

The north was different from the south side, however. The south was more inhabitable, definitely the place for her subordinates (those who couldn’t handle the merciless temperatures of the north) to live if she were to win the land. Smiling to herself, she lowered her head away from the sky. 

That’s when it happened.

A mare came to her, seemingly distressed when she spoke. Camomila’s icy eyes stared at the mare widely, blinking from startlement. “Yes?” She replied with more of a question, wondering what it was the mare was wanting, and where exactly she came from. She hadn’t noticed her before, but she had been distracted by the northern lights. Her startlement then subsided and was replaced with curiosity, as well as a hint of suspicion that only shone in her cold eyes when the mare spoke once more.

She listens to what the distraught woman has to say, her ears raising and eyes widening with alarm as each new word passed off her tongue. It was disturbing news indeed, mainly because it was proof that her suspicions were indeed correct. There was illness going around and making others ill. But from hearing this mare’s words, it was highly contagious. It made sense to separate the ill from the ones whom haven’t been infected yet, but her conscience believed that it wasn’t quite right. 

“Calm down,” she finally said, her tone even and serious, showing no signs of her inner concerns. She could understand why the mare would be feeling the need to show urgency; spreading illness was certainly something that called for quick action. But Camomila wasn’t entirely convinced by her words that this was the best course of action. True, separating the ill from the others is a good idea indeed, and it didn’t necessarily suggest abandonment. But how could they be cared for on their own? And, there was something else. 

“Why do you need me to back your claim?” She asked, eyes narrowing questioningly. “I am magicless, and I have no power. What could I possibly do that no one else can?” The mare’s offer was tempting, but she knew better than to believe words so quickly. This mare clearly had a different insight on what should be done about the ill and the lands use. But why? The mare’s plea was very convincing, but Camomila needed to hear more before deciding to do anything.

@[Phasus]
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Messages In This Thread
    i'll burn it down; Camomila - by Phasus - 11-03-2018, 02:22 PM
    RE: i'll burn it down; Camomila - by Camomila - 11-03-2018, 06:12 PM
    RE: i'll burn it down; Camomila - by Phasus - 11-04-2018, 12:10 AM