• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  higher, faster, everlasting; Lilitha.
    Lilitha

I watch the city burn, these dreams like ashes float away...

He was reserved, distant, eyes hard and cold like the ice that permeated his scent. But she was all too familiar with the ways this world could harden a person, push them into building thick walls to protect their heart when it was so delicate, so easily bruised and broken. His rough edges and icy armor didn’t phase her, not when she knew what hid behind them. And not when she could see the subtle ways he softened towards her, the silent hint of welcome in the breath he blew towards her to help her recognize what she already knew.

Of course he was her Ruan.

Or, well, not her Ruan, he was Ruan, her friend and companion, who had taught her no matter what the gods or the fae said, Taiga was her home. He growled her name, and the edges of her mouth curved subtly upwards in a welcoming smile in return.

“Welcome home yourself,” she said, that smile growing at the impossibility of it all. Six years, six long years she’d waited for him to come back, had dug in her heels and refused to make a home anywhere but here. Maybe part of her knew on the off chance he was still alive, he’d end up here again one day. Or maybe she was just a stubborn shit who wouldn’t take get out for an answer. “I thought--it’s been so long, I wasn’t sure I’d ever see you again. I’m glad I was wrong.”

She blushed a little, and hell if that wasn’t perplexing too. She wasn’t really one for blushing these days, and yet here she was. Well. She ducked her head, using her kid as an excuse for the movement, and nickered soft encouragement to the little girl. “Come on, sweetheart, come out and meet some new friends. Look, one of them’s almost as little as you!” She gently nudged baby Singe forward, and the little girl scrambled back against her chest, eyes wide with fear.

“Nobody’s gonna hurt you, baby, it’s okay.” She nuzzled her baby girl’s withers, brushed the soft of her nose against Singe’s dark wings. Glanced up at Ru with a rueful smile as she held Singe close and safe against her chest. “Just found her yesterday, she’s still settling in,” Lilitha explained, her voice soft as she stroked the baby who was stealing her heart with every passing moment.

Her blush deepened as she glanced back up at Ruan again. “I’m so glad you’re back, Ruan. I missed you.”

...your voice I never heard, only silence.

Messages In This Thread
    higher, faster, everlasting; Lilitha. - by Ruan - 11-03-2018, 05:05 PM
    RE: higher, faster, everlasting; Any. - by Ruan - 11-04-2018, 07:40 PM
    RE: higher, faster, everlasting; Any. - by Lilitha - 11-08-2018, 09:39 PM
    RE: higher, faster, everlasting; Any. - by Ruan - 11-10-2018, 12:31 PM