• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  higher, faster, everlasting; Lilitha.
    Lilitha

I watch the city burn, these dreams like ashes float away...

Lilitha watched him fight to control himself, watched his chest heave and she could see the wolf inside, fangs bared, the way the hair along his ruff would raise and stand on end, those beautiful blue eyes flashing with glorious wildness. She watched, and she gasped a soft breath at the way he made her fire flare to life and rush through her veins, rising to meet the wild in him. Her eyes glazed, flashing fire, and she bit her lip as she watched him, breath coming slow and heavy until he shook it off.

“A few days?” she asked softly, golden eyes going wide. A few days after the horror, she had been a feral wreck, clawed and burned and covered in wounds, lashing out at anything that came too close. “Oh.” Another soft murmur, her eyes wide with compassion. No wonder he was so on edge. She wanted to reach out and touch, wanted to hold him close and comfort him, but even more she understood he needed to set the pace, no contact until he was comfortable, until he was ready for it.

“No one claims ownership,” she answered him, drawing herself up and standing tall and proud. “I won’t let them. Taiga is free, independent of ruler or kingdom. I watch over the land, and I welcome anyone who wants to make their home here in peace. A few factions have moved in and out over the years, but most seem to have fled with the plague, and Taiga is mine to protect. Mine to defend. She is, I hope, as Romek once dreamed for her.”

She ducked her head and blushed again. “Not many live here so far. More are willing to trust the fairies’ promise of safety than I might have expected. I hope in time it will grow and flourish again. For now it’s just me and Singe, a friend, a stray or two, and...well, and you and yours if you like.”

...your voice I never heard, only silence.

Messages In This Thread
    higher, faster, everlasting; Lilitha. - by Ruan - 11-03-2018, 05:05 PM
    RE: higher, faster, everlasting; Any. - by Ruan - 11-04-2018, 07:40 PM
    RE: higher, faster, everlasting; Any. - by Ruan - 11-10-2018, 12:31 PM
    RE: higher, faster, everlasting; Lilitha. - by Lilitha - 11-10-2018, 08:04 PM