• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  monday left me broken; Litotes
    litotes

The force of Beqanna cannot go ignored. All of Hyaline (now Silver Cove) quickly learns that. They gathered and discussed: each member now so critically important to keeping The Sanctuary just as it is called (a sanctuary). Litotes is heavy with thought, burden, and responsibility. His love for his herd-family shivers and shakes in his chest - oh, the things he will do to keep them safe. Peace and freedom, both so deeply carved into his chest by trauma, demand to be heard and delivered, and Lie is now their messenger boy. Willing and completely able, he stands proud.

As the crowd separates to make home the foreign land, Litotes is still statuesque in thought. Only when Kensa comes to his side, so eager and wonderfully familiar, does he come back to reality. The warmth of her muzzle of to his neck is greatly welcome - Litotes returns the affection by rubbing his cheek to hers (an exchange so quick, one would think they had been doing it for years). For the moment she is still by his side, he peers at her with the most quiet of fondness. How the two had bonded: together, free by the lake - then together again, in the ocean (in a cave, accompanied by a secret feather Lie has yet to reveal) - so many unsaid secrets and passing conversations.

It is without a thought, that the teenager made a man in his feelings follows his companion.

Beneath the trees he feels hidden, perhaps sheltered from the critical eyes of his new title. Beside Kensa, though, he forgets what doubts may come his way.

Lie. He faces her, relaxes beneath her collected gaze. The silent stallion watches her small step forward, notes her hesitation, and succumbs to his own. Uncharted territory: that is what he calls this, the comfort and care that has unknowingly intertwined itself with the flirtation and lust. Even experiencing worry for those he cares for on a surface level does not prepare him for this - this centuries old gorge just now overflowing in chest.

Protect, comfort, perhaps one day love: Lie knows now that he wants to hold Kensa, that he hates seeing her uncertainty and exhaustion.

Rather than drive him away, the loss of Kensa’s gaze furthers his need to tuck her into his side. Even as she looks away, Lie presses forward. It takes just a moment to feel her side so warm against his. Lie lays his neck across her withers, tucking his head into her neck and hopefully encouraging her to bring her head to his chest (in this moment he wants nothing more than for her to take refuge there). He stays there, quiet, then murmurs, “Kens . . .” A new nickname, one that slips out but feels right.

“I have something for you,” he rumbles, voice hovering just an octave above a whisper. Lie removes his head from their embrace and gently reveals the brilliant blue feather hiding precariously at the base of his mane. A smile, genuine and excited, lights up his face. He places it delicately into her mane, playing different strands of her hair until it feels firm in its place.

“I found it in the cave, but I didn’t tell you because I wanted to surprise you,” he admits, pale pink blush spreading across his cheeks

i don't want your pity, i just want somebody near me
    guess i'm a coward, i just want to feel all right

@[Kensa] <3333

Messages In This Thread
    monday left me broken; Litotes - by Kensa - 11-03-2018, 10:30 PM
    RE: monday left me broken; Litotes - by litotes - 11-04-2018, 08:25 PM
    RE: monday left me broken; Litotes - by Kensa - 11-05-2018, 08:59 PM
    RE: monday left me broken; Litotes - by litotes - 11-06-2018, 01:08 AM