• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

fault lines tremble underneath my glass house; anyone
    He is almost one with the water that pools at his feet.  So natural but still there is something about him that is quite the opposite.  His skin glitters in the dim light of the stars above and if she remember correctly there was something very odd about him. Scales, yes that was it.  She remembers the way they overlayed so neatly and she wondered just what a creature like that was doing on the shores of Taiga.

Her ears are neither erect nor flat against her poll.  Her mind is very much uncertain of his intentions as he stalks nearer(yes stalks) but she does not feel the need to defend herself.  If anything she feels tempted to stay right here.  

It is when he mentions the word Kraken that she presses her ears flat to her skull and snorts at the label.  In distaste she spits out, "That is because I am not.  Those vile creatures stole my home from me, my crown, my life.  I want it back and I am willing to fight for Ischia." Her jaw muscles grow tight and her teeth grind together as she thinks back on that day.  The mutiny.  The shame her family was put through.

Her silver eyes change direction only briefly to catch a glimpse of marine life stirring in the pond.  They had scales much like this stranger she has barely become to know even having met twice.  He is quick to invite her to stay, almost too quick.  Lavender tinted head tilts slightly in thought at all he says of the brotherhood leaving and the island being his.  She chuckles -a most girlish chuckle-, "You?! Why on earth would a creature such as yourself want an island... Wouldn't you want the seas that surround it?"  She isn't exactly sure what  he is but she can tell he is more at home in the waters than the lands.

She finds humor in his claim but wonders what his deeper intentions are.  A sheepish smile breaks the plain of her lips as she contemplates how they can both get what they want.  She takes a step closer to him(but not too close).  "What if we could come to some sort of arrangement?  I care not for the depths of the seas and you couldn't possibly prefer the thickness of the jungles... As I see it, we could co-rule here quite nicely... You and I." It is a proposal for them to each have what they desire...

Just rolling the dice here lol

Messages In This Thread
    RE: fault lines tremble underneath my glass house; anyone - by Karat - 11-05-2018, 05:20 PM