• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

To love is to burn, to be on fire - Magnus

I wanna give you wild love, the kind that never slows down
    I wanna take you high up let our hearts be the only sound

He knows better than most the depths of the darkness that can consume the soul.

The doubt.

The fear.

The loathing.

He recognizes it now in the shape of his daughter’s eyes, in the slope of her shoulders, in the way that her mouth turns downward in the corners. He recognizes it in the way she greets him and a frown touches his brow, but he washes it clean from his face. He reaches forward, feeling the way she presses a muzzle against his shoulder, and draws her close to him as he did when she was a child. The way he did when he was still just the stallion helping her escape the terror of the white stallion with red stallions.

Before he was her father.

Before she was his daughter.

But they are family now and he gathers her close, taking her problems and hurt onto himself without even knowing what they are. “You don’t need to apologize to me,” he breathes as he holds her. “You never need to apologize to me.” He would never ask her to answer to him or explain herself to him and would certainly never ask her to apologize for the pain she felt or the actions she took to protect herself.

Whispering softly under his breath, he reaches over to brush her forelock from her eyes. “You remind me so much of your mother sometimes.” The thought of Minette causes his heart to twist in his chest, but he does his best to keep that pain from his eyes. “She always tried to apologize too.” One corner of his mouth lifts into a sad, crooked smile. “But you’re never a bother. I’m always going to be here for you when you need more, Amorette.” He finds her gaze. “You’re never too old to need your dad.”

I wanna go where the lights burn low and you're only mine

@[Amorette]

oh no! :( i am so sorry to hear that, sapph.

there's no rush on this thread - just whenever you have the muse for it.
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: To love is to burn, to be on fire - Magnus - by magnus - 11-06-2018, 01:47 AM