• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

To love is to burn, to be on fire - Magnus
    "To love is to burn, to be on fire."

She is afraid to look at him, to see the look on his face. Not because she thinks he will judge her, or look down on her, but because she is afraid to disappoint him. She might be an adult, old enough to be a mother, and perhaps even a grandmother, herself, but at this moment Amorette feels so very little, and so very lost.

Unable to keep herself, and her emotion, under control, the ebony woman starts shaking once he pulls her close against him. She does not hesitate to hide her face against his neck, press her cheek against his skin, as her nares flare while taking in a deep breath of his scent. Magnus may not be her biological father – which she does not know, not even after all these years – he is the only father figure she has ever known.

“I’m sorry..” she repeats again, unable to offer him anything else at the moment. She might not need to, but wants to nonetheless. And Amorette is sorry. Sorry for abandoning all, sorry for the worthless state she currently is. She wants so very much to be different, to be better.

When the golden male pulls back and reaches out to touch her forehead, her now wet eyes fall closed, and she finds herself leaning into the touch. “I miss her..” she mumbles softly. The soft, gray mare has been nothing but good to her, a mother to remember, but also a mother to ask for advice. A mother that is now a grandmother, as Magnus is a grandfather, but her son, too, is gone.

Her gaze is full of uncertainties as she looks up at her father, but a small smile tugging at the corner of her lips is offered in return. Amore reaches out, to gently offer him her nose, if he is willing to accept. ]“Always,” she replies, and now her smile reaches her eyes too. It falters just as quick, darkness clouding her again, and she glances away before showing her frustrated tears.

“Why is life so unfair..?“ Something Amorette genuinely does not understand. Why give the beautiful gift that is life, only to offer so much hardship? Death and chaos are more often than not the rule, and not the exception lately. It is just not fair.

@[magnus]
    Thank you <3 Will take my time when needed, thanks for letting me know that's okay!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: To love is to burn, to be on fire - Magnus - by Amorette - 11-06-2018, 04:31 PM